Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I tried to search the forum about this, but found nothing concerning the specific problem. But if however it was already answered, I apologize.

The problem is that I'm about 46% of the gameplay and now I'm just right before the Transfiguration lesson with Prof. McGonagall. But suddenly, just when I supposed to start the lesson after her speech, the screen goes black and never returns again :/

I'm using the latest ePSXe version, Pete's D3D Driver 1.75 plugin for the video and Eternal SPU plugin 1.41 for the sound.

Till this moment, I had no problems at all... and the game worked perfectly.

Is there anyone who experienced with this or am I the only one? :S

Edit: Well, I tried to use the P.E.OpS. Soft Driver 1.16 plugin (all the rest is not working properly for me), and this time it shows the loading screen but not the loading progress and it's stuck like this...

Meanwhile, I tried to search on that again, and found someone also had this problem at the same point:
really sorry for bumping this thread but it is the latest thread i can find regarding this game not working very well under 1.7.0

but i managed to get the game working until the part where harry attends the transfiguration class then the game hangs at the loading screen, the progressbar didn't even pop up.

tried using 1.6.0, 1.5.2, special game fixes like fake gpu busy states and ignoring small framebuffer moves, turning off sound, mounting cd instead of iso (as my log is reading 'isoread overflow' previously), subchannel reading with subchannel file but it still hangs there :(

prafull did manage to finish the game somehow but he didn't state epsxe version or plugins or how he managed to overcome the hanging:
http://forums.ngemu.com/general-screenshots/12898-harry-potter-anyone-reached-part-game.html

really thanks for any help rendered!
I'll ask the same question from his point.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you really want to go through the game, you could just activate the pec codes for "Have All Spells" before you enter the class, this way you can skip the glitch or whatever it is and cast the spell on the owl statue.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Works fine for me (Pal version), and I've finished the game. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.