Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the answer to this will probally be obvious but I've run out of idea.

I built a computer a few days ago and i can't get it to boot up (there's nothing coming up on the monitor) this is whats been done so far:

The Graphics cards been checked in another machine (GeForce FX 5600)
All jumper settings / power connection on the motherboad have been checked (ASUS A7V8X - X)
There is a BIOS chip in
The boards not grounded / shorting out
The RAM's in (Kingston 333MHz 256MB DDR)
All cards have been checked and they're all in
All the hardwares been removed

And it still won't boot up.

I NEED HELP PLEASE :hdbash:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i made sure it was switched on :thumb:

There is one beep that i can here which according to th beep code for the bios means everythings ok
The fans are on and all the hardware has power (the HDD spins and the CD-ROM will open / close

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The monitors been checked and it works fine. The fans contiune to spin the board / or anything else isn't shorting out

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Let's try this:

Remove your graphics card and reseating it back into your AGP slot and turning off your on board graphics (If avalible), if that dosn't work try covering the Mobo tray of your case wit duct tape except the screw holes that you need

·
Registered
331 Posts
oh yea, if your mobo has an onboard graphics chip, its important to disable that first, so do what Player-X said and remove it, boot up your computer, go into your bios and disable the onboard graphics chip, and then put in your graphics card, and then boot it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its sorted now thanx guys.

Just so you know i am an idiot when i checked the processor again it was fried a few of the pins were chared. So now i can get into the BIOS :thumb:

Now i just need to wet everything wish me luck.................. i'll need it oO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry about that i;ve no idea why i typed i have to wet everything :???: i ment tosay now all i have to do is get every thing to work. There's only a small difference in what i typed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts