Next Generation Emulation banner

hardware cpu upgrade

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  dhkimboa 
#1 ·
well, i got this 3200+ 754 cpu
i was planning on upgrading in about 1 month
i asked this guy about upgrading my computer to a venice 3000+ 939 socket
but he told me there was no difference but sse3 and something else i dont remember and reading reviews about this matter tells me so

Im trying to run BF2 better than im doing with my hardware which is 3200+ 754 ( newscastle i believe ), 1 gig on kingston ram ( value ), x800xl 256 pcie cause i get an average of 30 to 40 fps :| and i think upgrading cpu will help the game run better

what cpu would be nice to upgrade? other than venice?

#2 ·
Well your video card that you have now isn't pci express since socket754 is agp only.Go with either sandiego or venice but if you have alot of money get an athlon64 fx 55 or 57.

#8 ·
it would be Venice. SD lowest rating is 3700+ :D
btw, i'd suggest u to get a DFI Ultra-D! it rocks. If you have some interest on OCing. If you're going stock, take the other path. MSI; GByte, Asus, Abit.
and the difference betweenn 754 and 939 is not relatively much. 939 takes advantage from DC, while 754 runs in SC only. 939 has higher HyperTranspor link (not much though), and for the latest 939, they are all manufactured with 90nm finishing tech, so it's much colder than 754 is supposed to be. That's pretty much all...

#10 ·
dhkimboa said:
errr, it is pcei...
my mobo it's a k8n Neo3 and im using pcei x800xl as my video card right now
im thinking upgrading mobo to so i can use 939

mm, was checking 3700 san diego mmmm should it be good enough to run bf2 right, now?
get another stick of ram, you will need it if your gonna do 1600x1200 with aa and af.

getting another cpu will not fix your bf2 problem, just overclock your current cpu. and grab another stick of ram.

ram will do the job because i played BF2 with 1GB b4, when i upgraded to 2GBs. it started to run great at 16x12 with aa and af on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.