Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i am having a hard drive problem. when i run hd tune pro the random access is giving me negative numbers for the 512b 4kb 64kb. when it goes to 1 mb it it a positive 1400. i had this problem before and my dad said my hard drive was set to being idle all the time. and he fixed it . but now since my dad updated my bios my hd is giving negative numbers again and my father wont help me at all so i need you guys to help me please.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well everything is enabled. writing cache reading cache and its set for performance mode. if it wasnt....then i would get negative ms rates. the harddrive is so slow that .... games like street fighter IV gets 3fps for me. look at pic

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i enabled smart in the bios...its gotten a bit better but these numbers were around 20-25 before. is there any other way i can speed it up?

edit: i tried benchmarking in street figher IV i get 30fps.....so i know the HD is stil la problem since i got 100fps before.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
check that AHCI and DMA are enabled.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if its not already, then its not worth doing it now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
buugtdbgt

Hurry, run HD Tune and then click on "Health" tap then quickly give me a screen shot. I have searched for many hours about HD problems because I had problems with two HDs. I can understand some values of Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology.

·
Registered
75 Posts
heh haithm it said it was all ok. but its fixed now b/c i refused to get on my computer for a week haha and i was on the laptop dling random stuff till he got pissed and went to fix it
*sigh*
It doesn't matter that it says "OK". What does matter are the values themselves. I have had a hard drive that would make the whole system stutter or pause for some less than 1 seconds and it was annoying. HD tune and any S.M.A.R.T. monitor would say it is "OK" but that is -of course- wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.