Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I have finish playing the best first person shooter game on all three consoles halo 2 and I must say that Microsoft was working hard. Man every thing and I mean every thing about the game has improved there is twice as much vehicles and a lot more interesting weapons. Not to mansion that you can use two weapons at the same time. They have also fixed the bashee problems now I can use it in the cooperative mode and death match! And man the cooperative mode that’s another world tons and tons of fun.
And that’s not all when you finish it you will know a surprise and a very good one too.
Unfortunately the game was disturbingly short.
So to all of you people who played the game out there which one did you like more halo 1 or 2?

·
Registered
774 Posts
You know, overall I really did like Halo 1 more. I'm almost shocked to hear myself saying that considering how much I looked forward to Halo 2, but I do have my reasons. For one, the new Halo 2 online multiplayer setup is one of the worst things that I have ever seen. Now I know the first Halo didn't even have online multiplayer, so arguably that shouldn't even be an issue. However, after all the time I spent with Halo 1 I got totally burned out on it's single player dynamics, and Halo 2 doesn't have enough new features to make things much more interesting. So I bought Halo 2 pretty much only for the multiplayer, and with how they set it up I barely even had any fun with that. Even putting aside the matchmaking issues, the design of most of the new multiplayer maps completely sucks compared to the old ones. Plus the dual wielding online just means that whoever finds their second gun first pretty much automatically wins the fire fight. That may be realistic, but it really destroys the fun of things when someone who is dual wielding spawn kills you before you have a chance to move.

As for the single payer mode I didn't spend that much time with it in Halo 2 so I don't feel I can fairly critique it, but I will say that I thought the new shield/health setup in the original was a lot better. At any rate, to sum things up, Halo 1 was a finely tuned masterpiece to which few if any improvements were needed (yea, yea, repeditive level design, I know...). Pretty much all the changes made to Halo 2 either screwed up the gameplay balance, or just in general made things less fun. I think I'm going to stick to DOA Ulimate for my online gaming fix for the immediate future.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude the story line in halo2 was ten times better then that of halo 1!
The vehicles, weapons and game play was improved how can you like halo 1 more after all that?
Only the fact that you can hole two weapons at the same time is good enough to make 1 better then 2!

·
Registered
774 Posts
aliofdoom said:
Dude the story line in halo2 was ten times better then that of halo 1!
Like I said, I didn't spend much time with it...

aliofdoom said:
The vehicles, weapons and game play was improved how can you like halo 1 more after all that?
They crippled my favortite wep, the plasma pistol :angry:.

aliofdoom said:
Only the fact that you can hole two weapons at the same time is good enough to make 1 better then 2!
I agree that dual weilding works well in single player, but in multiplayer is where I have issues with it. Still, it doesn't add enough to the single player mode to make it much better for me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
__Xzyx987X said:

I agree that dual weilding works well in single player, but in multiplayer is where I have issues with it. Still, it doesn't add enough to the single player mode to make it much better for me.
But isn’t it good enough that now instead of waiting for halo2 we are waiting for halo 3?
Come on man there has to be something you liked about halo 2?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man i saw that crap i must say i likd the Lu blue vs the Lu red part!
gee,You must have been disappointed when you played halo2.
Will cheer up and let us both pray for a better halo3!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
__Xzyx987X said:

Wooh boy, are you ever wrong about that. It can drop an entire player's shields in one shot and actually seeks now, so you really don't have to aim. It's meant to be a secondary weapon. Dual wield the plasma pistol and the SMG and you'll see what I mean. You just charge the plasma pistol to full power, shoot once, then finish them off with the SMG, which takes no time at all.

Really, the dual wielding doesn't make MP any worse. It just means you have to strategize and understand the game better. A well-aimed battle riffle can take out dual wielded SMGs easily. Also, with a single weapon, you have the advantage of throwing grenades against somebody who's dual-wielding. Try using that to your benefit. Different combinations of different weapons perform better in different situations. For one, the SMG is only really effective from close-up. You can subsidize that if you're a decent aim with the magnum.

Honestly, you just need to learn to play the game differently. It's not Halo 1. It says Halo 2 on the tin. You complain that there's not enough different, yet you're willing to forego the game completely because of large differences in multiplayer, such as dual-wielding? I'm not going to lie. It is a completely different game and you're sadly mistaken if you think you can get by with Halo 1 strategies. I had to learn to play the game all over again, but it was worth it, since I'm finally satisfied with my skill level.

I just set goals for myself and work towards them. When I complete one, I just raise the bar and shoot for something higher. For example, I've been trying to hit the double-digit levels for the past several weeks. I finally managed to achieve that (link in sig) and now I'm shooting for a place on the bungie.net leaderboard. 999th place is a level 16 with 109 wins. I'm currently a level 11 with 53 wins. In a month or so, I could easily achieve that spot.

Honestly, it's kind of sad that you don't play anymore, since I was considering rounding everybody up on NGEmu and we could form the NGEmu clan. Or if we have to, we could go between EmuTalk (if there are any players over there) and this board to get enough people. What are our numbers like right now? There's me, you, Valcrist, and this aliofdoom guy that I know of so far. Anybody that I don't know about hiding in the cracks?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
aliofdoom said:
Will I have finish playing the best first person shooter game on all three consoles halo 2 and I must say that Microsoft was working hard. Man every thing and I mean every thing about the game has improved there is twice as much vehicles and a lot more interesting weapons. Not to mansion that you can use two weapons at the same time. They have also fixed the bashee problems now I can use it in the cooperative mode and death match! And man the cooperative mode that’s another world tons and tons of fun.
And that’s not all when you finish it you will know a surprise and a very good one too.
Unfortunately the game was disturbingly short.
So to all of you people who played the game out there which one did you like more halo 1 or 2?
Microsoft? More like Bungie :thumb:

·
Registered
774 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
Wooh boy, are you ever wrong about that. It can drop an entire player's shields in one shot and actually seeks now, so you really don't have to aim. It's meant to be a secondary weapon. Dual wield the plasma pistol and the SMG and you'll see what I mean. You just charge the plasma pistol to full power, shoot once, then finish them off with the SMG, which takes no time at all.
Well, maybe I gave up on it too soon, but still, it was more effective in Halo 1 if you could use it right.

FLaRe85 said:
Really, the dual wielding doesn't make MP any worse. It just means you have to strategize and understand the game better. A well-aimed battle riffle can take out dual wielded SMGs easily. Also, with a single weapon, you have the advantage of throwing grenades against somebody who's dual-wielding. Try using that to your benefit. Different combinations of different weapons perform better in different situations. For one, the SMG is only really effective from close-up. You can subsidize that if you're a decent aim with the magnum.
Grenades are rarely usefull. Odds are that you'll be dead before they explode against a dual wielder. The fact is, 90% of my deaths occured before I found my second weapon. If this isn't broken balance, I don't know what is.

Ok look, here's the bottom line. Putting everything else aside, The lack of innovation (aside from a few tweaks that mostly made it worse) wrecked my Halo 2 single player experience, and the completely screwed up matchmaking wrecked my Halo 2 multiplayer experience (and the fact I hated all but 2 of the maps didn't help). I'm not saying the game doesn't have some good points, but it does not live up to Halo 1, and it is not worth me spending my valuable time on :p.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FLaRe85 said:
There's me, you, Valcrist, and this aliofdoom guy that I know of so far.

how come i am the only one called THIS aliofdoom GUY THAT I KNOW!
did i ever Reply to any of your threads this way?
Any way it doesn’t matter because I already have a halo2 group that I am pround to be part of.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
aliofdoom said:
Any way it doesn’t matter because I already have a halo2 group that I am pround to be part of.
Wow, somebody needs to take a chill pill. :rolleyes:

I have no idea who you are, you were posting in this thread, therefore I referred to you as "this aliofdoom guy."
this ( P )
pron. pl. these (thz)

Used to refer to the person or thing present, nearby, or just mentioned: This is my cat. These are my tools.
Used to refer to what is about to be said: Now don't laugh when you hear this.
Used to refer to the present event, action, or time: said he'd be back before this.
Used to indicate the nearer or the more immediate one: This is mine and that is yours.
...and that's fine, you don't have to play with us.

·
Registered
391 Posts
aliofdoom said:
I don't think he meant any disrespect by that.

I find Halo 2 to be superior to Halo 1, but GoldenEye is still my favorite console FPS. :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Actually, IMO GoldenEye was another example of the original being more fun than the sequal. I liked it way better than Perfect Dark.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well unfortunately for me even if I wanted to play with you guys I cant because I never played an xbox online game nor do I have the Internet for it!
BTW what do I need to play online with the xbox or PS2?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
aliofdoom said:
Well unfortunately for me even if I wanted to play with you guys I cant because I never played an xbox online game nor do I have the Internet for it!
BTW what do I need to play online with the xbox or PS2?
You need a broadband connection and XBox Live for XBox. I have no idea about the PS2.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I got to play Halo 2 for the first time last weekend when I went to an xbox lan/halo 2 comp (knocked out first round in single player but I won in the team tournament with some of my mates :) ) and picked up the new multiplayer stuff pretty quickly. I like the multiplayer quite alot though it just doesn't feel as nice as Halo 1.

I can't really comment on single player but most people there said it was pretty crap, I doubt i'd like it as I wasn't a fan of the first ones single player really.

Also I think that matchmaking thing is really bad.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Single player was great, but short and unfulfilling, however that is expected of a middle chapter.

Yea, the matchmaking sucks at first, but now i'm really used to it, play with that homo flare all the time.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
CD said:
Single player was great, but short and unfulfilling, however that is expected of a middle chapter.

Yea, the matchmaking sucks at first, but now i'm really used to it, play with that homo flare all the time.
I am going to castrate you. :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts