Next Generation Emulation banner

Halo the Movie

2K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  Iam8up 
#1 ·
Who out there thinks Halo will become a movie someday? I think it will make an excellent movie. What do you think?

#2 ·
I think it would make an awful movie! and i doubt anybody would go see it! I really think Halo fans really need to get over the fact that the game really wasnt that good. It was pretty but all the enemies were the same and the story wasnt that good. All in all it was good mainly because it had fun gameplay and good graphic which dont translate to the big screen well. Look at FF, RE, MB and TR.

#3 ·
I actually think that Halo would make a good movie. The plot wasn't that bad, and it would be kinda cool as a sci-fi movie (way better than the crap that Hollywood has made as of late).

A movie would just need more character development - the storyline is good enough as it is (at least IMO).

I hope they do make a Halo movie someday (though Hollywood is also well-known for screwing good ideas and turning them into awful movies).

#6 ·
Halo the movie woluld be neat. Probably not as great as Spiderman 2 or anything, but I think it would do realy well. The special effects in it would be awesome ... I could only imagine.

#7 ·
Starcraft could make a good movie, mainly because there isnt really a set storyline. They can make up some genric one that involves this giant war between these different races. But Halo has none of that. And since you play as one character with no allier through out the whole game other than that dumb robot that tries to kill you and all the hords of bad guys that are extremely repitive. What Halo has is great in game form but cant be put into a 2 hour movie and released to theater. This topic is pointless because there is no reason to bring this game to the big screen.

#10 ·
Yea, Live action might make it seem cheap (If anyone can relate to my thinking) :p Yea like Raiden Said. Maybe like a 2 part TV Movie only aired on Space and G4 Tech TV :D

#11 ·
I can picture it as a hollywood product already. They'll do to M45T3R CH13F what they did to Judge Dredd.

"teh helmet goes off!" :p

Uhm.. no. The game wasn't that good, and the plot wasn't that original, IMO. I don't think the movie would survive well (although excellent execution could save it as much as it could save anything). Let's wait for Halo 2, maybe they can do something with that.

#13 ·
Squigi63 said:
If the did a CGI movie it would be too expensive for TV. They wouldn't make any money off it. The only way your going to see this movie is if Microsoft backs it up with money.
They would make more mony off of it then final fantasy did if they did it full CGI If they where true to the game and didnt change anything, or even the book.

#14 ·
What costs more paying actors or people who don't really exist? Mmmmhmmm ... :p CGT has been a lot cheaper to produce these days. There's no need for huge rendering farms of thousands of computers anymore. ~100 is plenty because of the power they all have. In all it would be cheaper in the long run.

#15 ·
Starcraft could make a good movie, mainly because there isnt really a set storyline. They can make up some genric one that involves this giant war between these different races.
actually there is a set storyline... the campaign in the original and in the expansion, the thing is that neither of the 6 campaigns finishes it off so the ending would be completely left in the hands of the producers... but... sc has so many elements of storyline design that would fit into a movie... the simple hero of the story jimmy raynor and friends, the plot twists in the story such as the origin of the zerg, it has plenty of betrayals... mensgk, duran, the matriarch, kerrigan (kinda)... even had a little bit of romance going on there (which is something that hollywood ALWAYS adds for every single movie) until ... well... you know :p

it even had emotional appeal during moments such as when duran assassinates stukov and dugalle finally figures out that duran was infested, or such as when raynor is forced to pull out and kerrigan is overrun by the zerg

#16 ·
Well, I dont think it would hurt to twist the storyline a bit. But that will upset alot of halo fans. Anyway, alot of halo fans and people who know/are releated to halo fans will watch it. It's would reel in some dough! But money is not everything. The movie has to be good. I think it will make a good movie, and the removal of the mask is worth seeing alone :thumb:

#17 ·
Halo was a great game. I finished the campaigne mode a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. Generally speaking, it's storyline is ok, but it's well done if you compare it to most popular FPS titles.

Yours,
-Elly

#18 ·
エッリー said:
Halo was a great game. I finished the campaigne mode a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. Generally speaking, it's storyline is ok, but it's well done if you compare it to most popular FPS titles.

Yours,
-Elly
The end of the game should of been something other than driving a truck for 1.5 kilometers. Lately I've been noticing that final battles in recent games aren't that hard to beat

#19 ·
Kirby said:
The end of the game should of been something other than driving a truck for 1.5 kilometers. Lately I've been noticing that final battles in recent games aren't that hard to beat
Although it wasn't very hard to beat, I had to try it over multiple times simply because I stopped to get in the back of the wart hog to shoot the banshees. Finally, I said, "No, screw this. I'm out of here." and I beat it. Now I'm going for legendary. This is suicide. oO

#20 ·
Dont Be Suprised If you have a hard time with Legendary. I didnt Get Farther Till like The Fourth Mission on legendary. "truth And Reconcilliation" I think, i had a really hard time with it cuz i keept running out of pistol ammo. its good training for if you host alot of System Link Battles like me and my friends do. ;) but its SO much easier with 2 people though. if one dies hopefuly the o ther will stay alive so you can spawn in quickly to regain your helth :)

#21 ·
Kirby said:
Really? I thought that part was well done,..hell,those rufians ( or whatever they are :p ) try and run with you, lol. It was fun squashing everything infront of you while you make your escape, IMO at least.

Yours,
-Elly

#22 ·
Generally speaking, it's storyline is ok, but it's well done if you compare it to most popular FPS titles.
not really ;) most fps games ive played had as good as if not better storyline... then again my opinion could be biased because me feelings about the storyline might be mixed in with my feelings about the cheesy conversations and reasoning

#24 ·
Red vs. Blue! or even a RvB movie! :D Yeah, halo would make a cool film.

#26 ·
Halo would look like Alien4 or Starship troopers, nothing really bad, nothing spectacular either... but IMO better than RE:Apocalypse (from what I've seen in the trailers, it's gonna suck)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.