Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just recently read that CXBX can get to Halo 1's menu. But I'm having some problems. I dumped default.xbe, the maps folder with a10.map and ui.map. Then, I went to load it up in CXBX 0.8.0 Pre2. I hit F5 to start Emulation, and my screen went black, My FRAPS framerate zoomed up to 30fps, and then it exited out of that screen and took me back to my desktop. But the CXBX GUI was still there with Halo Loaded, and I start to here crackling noises. I even patched the XBE to debug to see if that would work, but still no luck. Can anyone help?

My Specs:
AMD Athlon 2100mhz
GeForce 4 Ti 4400
Sony DVD-RW/R/CD-R/CD-RW Burner Drive
Pacific Digital DVD-ROM Drive.

Xbox Modchip:
Xecuter 3 - BIOS 1957

·
Registered
46 Posts
Halo only works to the menu (which i'm asuming is what you were wanting to see for yourself) so it is prone to strange unexplained errors on some machines.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
You also need to run in debug mode to even get that far as to get to the menus. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
blueshogun96 said:
You also need to run in debug mode to even get that far as to get to the menus. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
It's still not working. Ok, heres exactly what I did, ground up.

1. Dumped These Files From the Halo 1 DVD:
default.xbe
maps
(I only copied ui.map and a10.map)

2. Then, I opened up CXBX 0.8.0Pre2 and Opened the XBE. Then I patched the XBE to Debug via CXBX(Edit-->Patch XBE). Then I ran it again, loaded up CXBX, and started emulation. Still, the same thing.

I'm a Halo PC/Halo 1/Halo 2 Modder and I know to run Halo 2 off your xbox hd you need at least the multiplayer mapfiles the shared mapfile, and the xbe. Is it the same for CXBX and Halo 1 because of the cache files? Thanks for any help you can give.

EDIT: I just opened one of Halo's cache files in HMT v3.5(for those of you who don't know what this is, it's a Halo modding tool) and it gave me an invalid map file, except for cache004.map, which came up as User Interface(Xbox). Apparently, CXBX created the Main Menu Mapfile, but it didnt take me there while it was emulating. I think I'm going to try copying all the multiplayer map files over and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Master Chief said:
It's still not working. Ok, heres exactly what I did, ground up.

1. Dumped These Files From the Halo 1 DVD:
default.xbe
maps
(I only copied ui.map and a10.map)

2. Then, I opened up CXBX 0.8.0Pre2 and Opened the XBE. Then I patched the XBE to Debug via CXBX(Edit-->Patch XBE). Then I ran it again, loaded up CXBX, and started emulation. Still, the same thing.

I'm a Halo PC/Halo 1/Halo 2 Modder and I know to run Halo 2 off your xbox hd you need at least the multiplayer mapfiles the shared mapfile, and the xbe. Is it the same for CXBX and Halo 1 because of the cache files? Thanks for any help you can give.

EDIT: I just opened one of Halo's cache files in HMT v3.5(for those of you who don't know what this is, it's a Halo modding tool) and it gave me an invalid map file, except for cache004.map, which came up as User Interface(Xbox). Apparently, CXBX created the Main Menu Mapfile, but it didnt take me there while it was emulating. I think I'm going to try copying all the multiplayer map files over and see what happens.
I think you might want to dump everything just in case. If you only dumped just a few files, thet may be the problem. Here's a link to a previous thread:

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52827&highlight=progress

1 - 5 of 5 Posts