·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Does Xeon Emulator Supports The Microsoft Game :
Halo 2 ?
and if supports How do i can open it?
and what is the file name i need to open ? ( default.XBE ? )
:bow: Please Help me !:bow:

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
No you cant play Halo 2 on either of them.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
halo2 will be released but will be released on vista combined with dx10 which means a lot of $$ to spend.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
now what is the mistake i did
if at all u were telling that to me o me
I was telling the "topic starter" ;) You didn't do anything wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hate Microsoft.

Halo was originally supposed to be released as a PC only game... then Microsoft gobbled it up and sent it to XBox. The only released it on the PC a year later, and it only runs on XP. There's no reason in the world it couldn't run on 98 or 2000, except for the fact that Microsoft wants to use it as a gimmick to force you to buy XP.

Now they're doing the same thing with Halo 2. There's no reason on God's green Earth Halo 2 couldn't work with XP. In fact, they probably had to hardcode the instructions in there to make it specifically not work with XP. All Halo has become is an advertising gimmick for Microsoft, it's barely even a game anymore. And now that Lionhead is being gobbled up by Microsoft we can expect the same out of Fable and Black and White.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
In fact, they probably had to hardcode the instructions in there to make it specifically not work with XP.
... Halo 2 for PC will be running DirectX 10, and DirectX 10 is vista exclusive, so... :rolleyes:

But still, you've got a good point why gamers would like to kick M$ in the pants so much.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
No, Halo was originally going to be released as a Mac game. Bungie was a Mac games studio before MS acquired them.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
What's the loss anyway? I understand it's a highly popular series, but everyone who loves it that much already has an Xbox anyway for the full online experience. With the many great shooters on the PC I doubt Halo will play any significant role. Not when on Xbox live Halo 3 will be the hot thing while PC gamers are left playing Halo 2.

In fact, releasing a dated Halo 2 for the PC might even make potential 360+Halo 3 buyers shy away from it because Halo 2 on pc did not impress them. Releasing it wouldn't be a smart move imo. Gears of War is the new best thing to port.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts