Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep its true, one month before the released a french version of Halo 2 got leaked, something like 2868MB.

Mircrosoft already announced they know about it and are investigating the reasons of this leaked. They also announce that this wont change the released date however.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Yeah, I just read about it on Gamespot, and M$ is so pissed about it, and there is every damn reason for that. I Really feel bad for those developers who spent 3 years on it, and now its P2P'ed evem before its release.

And yeah a fine is 100,000 dollars has been declared, if found downloading or hosting its code.

·
Registered
317 Posts
A pal version with french language, I think ill just wait to pay 50(or whatever its going to cost) and not risk 100,000 whitch I do not hawe

EDIT: OK, my fault just trying to get the point across...and im not getting it i just said that above

Edit: No hints on where to get it, or where you are getting it from.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
I agree completely. Piracy is unstoppable, yes....but it is WE who choose to allow it to happen..if we don't DL, then it won't happen.

Yes, there are many games which we DL, and I guess after some time passes, DLing it isn't as bad, but for hells sake...Bungie JUST finished working on it, after years of their life that they sacrificed....and only to be leaked one month before official release....it isn't right..

r2rX :(

S

·
0 Posts
'guess so. well, just be happy for them it's an xbox title and not a pc one.... piracy is just that much more easy on that platform....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I guess so but if you ask me if they were working on it so hard they could of tried harder to ceep it from leaking out, and i dont think that its going to do anything to the sales of halo2, because as I said earlier it a french(PAL) version, and who knows what problems you are going to get with it, plus alot of people dont even know about this(its not like its going to be on headline news) or just dont care. And on top of that you need a moded XBOX to play and its not like ewryone has one of those.

I feel bad for bungie and MS(wait no i dont) but I dont think the big news is going to be that you can now get the free Halo2, which after it comes out is going to be awaylable anyways. But that MS and Bungie let it leak out. I just hope they do a better job on the next one...

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
No screenshots, spoilers, or links.

It is too bad, but no game is safe no matter how much the plead with the community :p

Edit: Please direct all Halo 2 discussion to THIS THREAD.

-Closed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.