Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as Bungie had promised last week, Microsoft has announced that Halo 2 has gone gold. When Bungie announced they had submitted an RC copy of Halo 2 to Microsoft we all knew that the game was ready. How? Well the title of the Bungie announcement read, Halo 2 Done and Dusted and then the developer claimed that most of the people taking part in the game had already left for short holidays before the launch.

With this announcement it is certain that the game will meet its scheduled ship date of November 9.
Microsoft's announcement also included details of how the game will ship which, as we found out, will ship simultaneously over three days to 27 countries in eight languages. Halo 2 will be available on November 9 throughout North and South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The sequel to the award-winning Halo: Combat Evolved, will be available in France, Belgium and Switzerland on November 10, as well as in Japan and the rest of Europe on November 11. Halo 2 is being localized in eight languages including English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (traditional), Spanish, French, German and Italian.

In Halo 2, the action picks up where the first game ended. Master Chief, with the help of a small group of marines, has destroyed the religious artifact and artificial world known as Halo, and is making his way back to Earth. Upon arrival, he and the last surviving Earth forces will mount a titanic final struggle against the marauding Covenant armada.

Pushing the Xbox hardware to its very limits, Halo 2 will expand on everything that made the original game great, plus add a wealth of technological and gameplay advances. Significantly improved graphics, enhanced artificial intelligence (AI), an advanced real-time lighting engine and destructible interactive environments are just a small part of Halo 2's evolution of design and technology. Every improvement in Halo 2 is designed to take gameplay to a new level - and in the end, to tell a more compelling story.

Utilizing Xbox Live, Halo 2 will deliver online multiplayer capabilities. Whether playing with a clan on a new multiplayer map, boarding a friend's Warthog, dogfighting in Banshees or checking player stats, Halo 2 will bring the social experience to a higher level via Xbox Live.
I wish i had an XBOX to play it, but ill have to wait 2 years till they port it to PC :cry:

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Yeah well, don't worry about it too much. The fees to use xbox live are ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Jldnr77 said:
Yeah well, don't worry about it too much. The fees to use xbox live are ridiculous.
$50/year is ridiculous? Granted, that may be a lot all at once, but if you work it out, that's a little over $4/month, which is less than the price you'd spend on a McDonald's extra value meal. Surely, you're not THAT cheap.

Anyways, I already have mine pre-ordered; looking forward to when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well I ordered my X-Box today, so I might have to pick that up when it comes out too.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
My friend is getting the game so I get to try it out with him. Oh baby it's goona be sweet and right after exams too! YAHOO!

P.S. I'm not one of theses crazy halo fans, I just enjoyed to storyline and it's great for quick and easy multiplayer games.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
$50 a year??? I thought I heard it was like $30 a month....well then I guess it isn't THAT bad....

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
I have plans to be the first at the door to get it. I'll sleep in front of the game store all night if I have to.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
I have plans to be the first at the door to get it. I'll sleep in front of the game store all night if I have to.
....or you could pre-order the game and be guarenteed a copy, like I did. :p

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Actually, wow...

I just got back from the store and spent a total of $40 on an XBox Live Starter Kit. I got a 1 year subscription, the XBox communicator headset, and a free game: Crimson Skies - High Road to Revenge. I would say that is a pretty damn good deal! :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts