Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
What ever happened to vivendi "holding it hostage"?
uhh, nothing? Valve wants it out as soon as possible. They've already sent a release candidate to vivendi and vivendi can hold the game up to 6 months. I'd imagine since the game is obviously done that valve wants it out pretty soon, and that any delays is coming from vivdendi.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
l3illyl3ob said:
uhh, nothing? Valve wants it out as soon as possible. They've already sent a release candidate to vivendi and vivendi can hold the game up to 6 months. I'd imagine since the game is obviously done that valve wants it out pretty soon, and that any delays is coming from vivdendi.
But valve is so much easier to make fun of :p. Hopefully they get it out so i can stop hearing about it every 5 minutes...and so i can stop fighting with Reich :p

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
I doubt hl2 will be held at limbo for 6 months. The debacle is about VU selling steam accounts etc to people without giving any of the dough to valve. The only thing that will settle this fight is VU paying valve some money, not by holding its #1 best seller hostage. They would be morons to do so. Its close now and we call all feel it.

/me slaps N1ghtw0lf :p

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
/me slaps N1ghtw0lf
judging by his post ill do the same

at any rate, pc gamer previewed/reviewed it in may i believe, so its not like theres gonna be that much new info they'll give out... after all, they dont wanna completely spoil the game for us.... right? :p

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Strider said:
judging by his post ill do the same

at any rate, pc games preview/reviewed it in may i believe, so its not like theres gonna be that much new info they'll give out... after all, they dont wanna completely spoil the game for us.... right? :p
too late. With how many videos, articles, and screens they've released any person who is remotely interested in the game pretty much probably knows how to beat the whole game without getting hit once.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
too late. With how many videos, articles, and screens they've released any person who is remotely interested in the game pretty much probably knows how to beat the whole game without getting hit once.
i was actually implying the fact that theyve released more than they should have but what youre saying is totally overstating it, besides, when you delay a game for 16 months you gotta tell the public some things ;)

well... its not as if showing you parts of the game should make you say "oh, its as if i already played it so theres no point" seeing a movie and playing a game are two different things and you'd have to be pretty stupid not to be able to differentiate the two ;) besides... if you watch *too* many previews, then who should you really be blaming...

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
The trailers we've seen encompased maybe 4 areas in the game. I suspect there to be at least twice as many in the game. We've also only seen a portion of each.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
l3illyl3ob said:
The trailers we've seen encompased maybe 4 areas in the game. I suspect there to be at least twice as many in the game. We've also only seen a portion of each.
I alone (not even being a "fanboy" so to speak) have seen well over 4 areas. If not 8-10 different areas in the game. hell there were 4 alone in the first trailer ever released. I just think Valve gave too much info on the game and nothing to be a suprise. Sure watching a movie isn't the same as playing the game, but i don't want to know what every enviorment before the game is even released. Ruins the fun of walking around and gauking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts