Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Oh and btw, Goldeneye source sucks as well :p HL2DM with new models and weapons... hurray
i thought it was fun! and it's an alpha, come on.

mad said:
I just pointed that to show how HL2 Mod community is growing.
Chill out guys!!
it's ok man, we weren't attacking you. we're just discussing the mod ;)

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I know nobody attacked me, i just had the feeling the discussion of the mod was a little bit angry somewhat.
Nvm me.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
the discussion was angry, the game sucks :p

for those who played the VR training---what did you think? at first i was like, oh hey, new stuff. but i found it WAY WAY WAY too hard. either i suck, or this was super difficult. thoughts?

· Registered
5,810 Posts
hushypushy said:
i thought it was fun! and it's an alpha, come on.
Bleh i didnt like it much :p I had much more fun with Ridable Strider Mod and its the most incomplete, small, buggiest mod i've seen. But still with all the crashes, bugs, etc... riding those striders and APCs was awsome xD

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah nothing is "weirder" in substance...i decided to ignore it, but now taht you brought it up...

substance just has stuff like vr missions, new dogtags, skateboarding, boss survival mode, that cutscene swap theater mode, etc. as far as i know the game is exactly the same...

· Some Scottish Guy
4,340 Posts
Not worth the download. Even if you have a very fast connection.

It "tries" to be Metal Gear Solid. I say "try" because that word usually means "some effort was put in." The "effort" here being ripped music files and sound effects and some new weapons.

GoldenEye Source looks better, albiet right now it could use with a kick in the balls. It's as fast as a drunkard caught in quicksand (as in game pacing) but at least good effort has been put into that. If you want to make a MGS game for source then do it like these guys have done a Bond game.

If they wanted to make the craziest thing possible, as it looks like they have, as hushypushy said, called it HL2: Weirder and Different.

I have a feeling that good things will eventually come out of Half Life 2 convertions/mods ... then again I'm still to play Eclipse which is supposed to be good.

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Samor said:
uh...explain "weirder"... isn't it just MGS2 SOL with added modes? Or did they change other things in the game itself?
Well i just find Snake's riding a skateboard wierd :p

oh and hushy i belive the "that cutscene swap theater mode" already exists in the normal version. You mean the option that allows you to change the models in the cutscenes right?

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Well i just find Snake's riding a skateboard wierd :p

oh and hushy i belive the "that cutscene swap theater mode" already exists in the normal version. You mean the option that allows you to change the models in the cutscenes right?
dude, that skateboard crap isnt even from MGS2:S! it's from another game and they just threw it in...

and um, i can go check my MGS2:SOL for the theater mode, but i really dont want to, so let's just say you're right and we'll leave it at that

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.