Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well i dunno what to say about this. pretty underwhelming. the VR training is not from HL2...but it's incredibly hard. monsters and soldiers come out of everywhere!

that's what most of the screenies are from...the other is the first level of gordon tales. there are so many modes you dont know what to pick....and none of them seem really appealing.

i guess it's MGS in the fact that it has MGS music and sound effects...but it's not stealthy at all (at least what i played) and i dunno...it doesnt feel very MGS-y. not to mention it plays like ass (it even says so on the website). i had to turn it down to 1024x768 with 4xAF and no AA and it was still slow. ugh. maybe im just doing something wrong...thoughts from anyone else?

edit: wow, i thought i was in 1024, that's what i clicked...and apparently i was in 800x600. so the game really does run like ass!

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, it's not really MGS related, it's BS. they are just playing off that and stealing the sound sto make it up to be more than it really is :/

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Well, its named Substance couse MGS2: Substance was a very diferent/wierder MGS. Same case here, they named it Substance couse its a diferent/wierder HL2 version.
doesnt matter, they are hella trying to bank off the MGS name here which is retarded....they should've called it "HL2: Weirder and Different!" rather than try to rip off MGS

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
so what if it's free? it sucks.

goldeneye source is free, is way more optimized, way more fun, and way more like the game in its name, and that's only in alpha

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Oh and btw, Goldeneye source sucks as well :p HL2DM with new models and weapons... hurray
i thought it was fun! and it's an alpha, come on.

mad said:
I just pointed that to show how HL2 Mod community is growing.
Chill out guys!!
it's ok man, we weren't attacking you. we're just discussing the mod ;)

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
the discussion was angry, the game sucks :p

for those who played the VR training---what did you think? at first i was like, oh hey, new stuff. but i found it WAY WAY WAY too hard. either i suck, or this was super difficult. thoughts?

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah nothing is "weirder" in substance...i decided to ignore it, but now taht you brought it up...

substance just has stuff like vr missions, new dogtags, skateboarding, boss survival mode, that cutscene swap theater mode, etc. as far as i know the game is exactly the same...

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Well i just find Snake's riding a skateboard wierd :p

oh and hushy i belive the "that cutscene swap theater mode" already exists in the normal version. You mean the option that allows you to change the models in the cutscenes right?
dude, that skateboard crap isnt even from MGS2:S! it's from another game and they just threw it in...

and um, i can go check my MGS2:SOL for the theater mode, but i really dont want to, so let's just say you're right and we'll leave it at that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.