Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Minefield to connect
securely to SemiAccurate :: News for the Everygeek, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
Score one for the antifud team!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh snap I just read an article and it looks like Nvidia has released the G300 series by rebranding a crappy G210 card.

Charlie is really anti Nvidia, but sometimes he does speak the truth. you just need to be smart enough to filter out all of the BS

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Who's Charlie? xD

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nvidia Quietly Unveils GeForce 310, GeForce 205 Graphics Cards - X-bit labs

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/11/25/nvidia-g310-spotted-just-renamed-g210/

My goodness that card is so weak. How can they go and release a discrete card in 2009 that performs worse than even integrated graphics. Hell, the thing is so weak that even the freaking Intel GMA 4500HD beats it. Hell it's so weak that the Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 is around its performance. That was a weak mainstream card even back in 2003. WTH Nvidia. You can do better than this. Stop flooding the market with crappy cards. This is a prime example of lack of effort.

Semi accurate is still biased though but damn nvidia.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Fermi is part of the GF100/GT100 series, G300 series is not being followed up on any further
or better yet, don't.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Nvidia Quietly Unveils GeForce 310, GeForce 205 Graphics Cards - X-bit labs

SemiAccurate :: Nvidia G310 spotted, just a renamed G210

My goodness that card is so weak. How can they go and release a discrete card in 2009 that performs worse than even integrated graphics. Hell, the thing is so weak that even the freaking Intel GMA 4500HD beats it. Hell it's so weak that the Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 is around its performance. That was a weak mainstream card even back in 2003. WTH Nvidia. You can do better than this. Stop flooding the market with crappy cards. This is a prime example of lack of effort.

Semi accurate is still biased though but damn nvidia.
That article was probably written by a drunk editor...

The GMA 4500MHD is a total embarrassment still... and you'd be very surprised at how "fast" that piece of **** performs. Long story short, integrated graphics hasn't changed much in 10 years. Same old Intel ****! Hell, if you're lucky, you can probably squeeze out FX 5200 performance out of that thing but with half the compatibility of a GeForce 2 MX, of course.

So if they can't even get the facts about GMA 4500MHD right then chances are they got the rest of the facts "wrong"... and not by any long stretch.

No, actually, the very thing that made the entire article wrong was comparing an Intel GMA to a GeForce. :(

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
But you're just praising the X3100 a few months ago.... :(

Although the Intel GMA series really kinda bites, at least it wasn't as bad the 945/965 IGP days.... They're getting there, but nowhere on the enthusiast (Radeon 3850 at least) level yet.

Hey, the Radeon 3300HD IGP's are as fast as nVidia's 8400GS. That doesn't sound so bad......

Ninja Edit : LOL, now I remember that my friend is defending his Intel 950 IGP since it works and runs most of the Asian MMORPGs/Online games that evolve backwards. (Technologically)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
But you're just praising the X3100 a few months ago.... :(

Although the Intel GMA series really kinda bites, at least it wasn't as bad the 945/965 IGP days.... They're getting there, but nowhere on the enthusiast (Radeon 3850 at least) level yet.

Hey, the Radeon 3300HD IGP's are as fast as nVidia's 8400GS. That doesn't sound so bad......

Ninja Edit : LOL, now I remember that my friend is defending his Intel 950 IGP since it works and runs most of the Asian MMORPGs/Online games that evolve backwards. (Technologically)
Wait what? I didn't even own a X3100 machine. :p And I haven't talked much for months. I think you were confusing that with my comments about GMA X4500 in 2007 (IIRC), which was quite okay... but at that time, I pit the darn thing against an integrated GeForce 7050 and only in terms of PCSX2, and it was because GMA X4500 benefited from DX10 support. And PCSX2 was more CPU-bound than GPU-bound anyway. :innocent: The rest of it... GeForce 7050 came out on top. GMA X4500 benefited from a higher CPU overclock.

In GMA's defense, I'd say... it wasn't a bad IGP. Intel just isn't the best at writing drivers. To be honest, all of their GMA line is suffering majorly from bad drivers... and that's why they're practically **** compared to other GPUs. If only Intel would devote a bit of time to write decent drivers, I have no doubt it would help tremendously. Lack of driver support might also have driven Apple from using Intel IGP to using nVidia IGPs instead. I mean... if Intel themselves don't even know how to work their IGPs then who does? :(

My Eee PC 901 has the GMA950 and it was able to run WoW and Trackmania United, the latter with some AA/AF turned on (CPU limited). It actually looked quite nice :).
I'd have to wonder what kind of framerate you are getting in WoW. :p

As for Trackmania, I have to give kudos to the dev team. Game is very well-optimized and balanced. Some 2000 Capcom games are like that, too, and you can probably run some PS2 Capcom ports. I've tried Chaos Legion and Megaman X8. Sadly, only a selected few titles run right. The rest of them either go into a slideshow or just crash. :(

Ninja edit: PCSX2 on GMA 950 netbooks or on ION (GeForce 9400) netbooks makes little difference, by the way. :innocent:

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i have the mobile 4 series integrated graphics from intel and they suck horribly. I cant even run RUNESCAPE a browser game... its a real shame.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
makotech222 said:
i have the mobile 4 series integrated graphics from intel and they suck horribly. I cant even run RUNESCAPE a browser game... its a real shame.
They must have ramped up the graphics with that game a bit, I remember seeing people at my high school playing it on P3 933s with onboard Intel video a few years ago. It ran pretty badly but it did work.

runawayprisoner said:
I'd have to wonder what kind of framerate you are getting in WoW. :p

As for Trackmania, I have to give kudos to the dev team. Game is very well-optimized and balanced. Some 2000 Capcom games are like that, too, and you can probably run some PS2 Capcom ports. I've tried Chaos Legion and Megaman X8. Sadly, only a selected few titles run right. The rest of them either go into a slideshow or just crash. :(

Ninja edit: PCSX2 on GMA 950 netbooks or on ION (GeForce 9400) netbooks makes little difference, by the way. :innocent:
It's been about a year since I had WoW on it (swapped it with Windows 7 on the 16 GB SSD), but I think it ran around 30-45 FPS in Dire Maul, 15ish in Zangarmarsh, and about 3 in Shattrath and Howling Fjord :p. As for Trackmania, it got about 11 on the benchmark.

Once I put in a bigger SSD, I'll try some emulators on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.