Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have successfully hacked Lunar: Eternal Blue for the sega cd so that it is possible to edit stats, levels, spells, and items. This means that it is now possible to get, glitch free, hidden items such as the dark scimitar, grim saber, and grim rapier (Leo's sword with 'Dragon Damage'). If anybody is interested in this, please let me know.

Also, i am now trying to hack Lunar: The Silver Star and Dark Wizard for the sega cd. If anybody is interested in helping, send me a message.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
RZetlin said:
So where can I get it?
Well, now there are a few options:

1) I can send you a brm file at the start of the game with all the stats and everything maxed (or beyond maxed, such as Hiro with like 200 attacks per turn); and/ or
2) I can send instructions about how to edit the save state data yourself

also, I should point out that I hacked an image file of my disc so that everybody is at level 99 (with Hiro super maxed out), special/hiddel items, and so forth. The only problem is that everybody's magic is at level 1, you have no gold, and you have none of Ruby's magic points (the gold and MP are nearly impossible to find in the iso file, but they are easy to locate in the brm files).

edit: if you want a brm file, please tell me what you would like to have in it (stats maxed, gold, magic points, any particular items... it doesn't take much effort to change anything... and I normally have all the characters have in their inventories all their special (hidden and most powerful) items.

What's best/easiest for you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i would like to know if that method will work for sega cd shining force cd or instructions about how to edit the save state data and if so would you be able to show me a way to hack the save file, is the brm file the same. i would like to have that Lunar: Eternal Blue brm hacked file with max hp level 99 but no 200 attack turns, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what the data is like for Shining Force; I've never played it or opened the data. There is a good primer on save state hacking here:

The Magical Wonders of SAVE STATE HACKING - Page 1

You can find the guide to save state hacking for Lunar Eternal Blue specifically (with the relevant reference points mentioned) here:

GameFAQs: Lunar: Eternal Blue (SCD) Save State Hacking Guide by netequevaris

I've attached a copy of the basic brm file -- with everything loaded up, though the number of attacks for Hiro is probably higher than you'd like (if I recall, somewhere around 40 attacks/turn), but you can edit that data fairly quickly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the fast reply and for the file, yeah i was reading that page on The Magical Wonders of SAVE STATE HACKING a couple days ago i didnt understand much i'm a big NOOB at all this LOL, i just wanted to find the lines that are for hp and level. that shining force cd is pretty hard and am stuck at a certain boss, been on that spot for over a week LOL. Thanks again for the info and the file, i'll read it thoroughly to understand it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No prob -- tinkering, trial & error, is really the best way to learn how to do it. Some games, though, are not really great for save state hacking. I tried to do Lunar the silver star (for the SCD), and could not find ANY of the data. I thought that i found some, but nothing ever worked. and then there was my ill-fated attempt to hack dark wizard... so don't give up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
No prob -- tinkering, trial & error, is really the best way to learn how to do it. Some games, though, are not really great for save state hacking. I tried to do Lunar the silver star (for the SCD), and could not find ANY of the data. I thought that i found some, but nothing ever worked. and then there was my ill-fated attempt to hack dark wizard... so don't give up!
Did you keep in mind of the checksums needed to properly store the information.

In some cases you need to run checksum algorithms to let the game know thats not a corrupt file - used to happen to me all the time till i figured out what to do there . sometimes its tricky finding that information out due to having to calculate chunks of information at a time . but that rolls into the trial and error part :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts