Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
i think Xeven posted that very same pic in the Hardware section, i think it was about Athlon XP. :)

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
that´s funny?

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Thats why I bought AMD Athlon 1.2ghz

Ali

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
HAHA!!! Nice pic. I LUV IT!!! Pentium always sucked. :p You reminded me of my Athlon which is in repair...I miss it so much. :( *crys*

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
I remember a similar pic in Maximum PC when the first Athlon CPUs came out and whooped the Pentium 3 Katmais. I don't think Intel is in any trouble though. They're still selling more processors; the vast majority of ads in computer newspapers feature a P4 system, which is surprisingly cheap compared to before. If I was an average ignorant customer, those ads would look pretty good. I think AMD's right in trying to weigh CPUs according to something other than pure clock cycles, but their modelling system is the wrong way to do it because it ultimately deceives the consumer. It's obvious the model numbers are used to try to bridge the gap between the Athlon and P4. I think the best method is to post marks based on different measures of performance (which is what I think they're ultimately trying to do) like videocards. Videocards aren't rated on their core clock speeds, but by their pixel/texel fill rates, triangles per second, polygons per second and memory bandwidth, and they are mostly true to real-world performance. Maybe they can have a similar system for CPUs. Let's hope so...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I have P4, but I like Athlon better. I guess that's what you get when you slack off and buy a computer instead of building one.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I sure hope you know that this argument is about as useful as Windows vs. Linux vs. Mac's OS or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts