Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if epsxe will support guncon on its next release, or is there any other emu out there right now that support the guncon. i would really like to play point blank on my pc laptop.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
No one knows when the next ePSXe will be released or what new features will be added so it's just best to wait. Besides, I doubt you could get the GunCon to work as it is designed to read a TV's interlaced output, not a computer monitor's progressive output.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
ePSXe 1.6.0 sorta has gun emulation though....i dont have a PC light gun (do they have those...?) to try it out with, i guess you can just use mouse though.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
i tried the guncon thing on epsxe, i can't to seem to make it work or anything.

How is the guncon emulation suppose to work anyway? with a lightgun... with a mouse... or what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
heh... PC Light guns would be a pain to engineer... The whole concept of the light gun is that it reads a screen (hence the need to use those damn RCA-out adaptors with Guncon games). Related Q- Does anyone know if you can get light guns to work right on HDTV or plasma screens?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes you can get PC Light Guns, ACT Labs manufacture one aimed towards the MAME market, the difficulty with making PC Guns is the variety of different monitor scan rates that are available unlike with a TV where there are only two. Light Guns absolutely require a CRT monitor, LCDs and Plasmas definitely do not work as there is no beam scan in those types of displays which the gun uses to work out where it is aimed.

Ever noticed how all lightgun games flash white when you pull the trigger? If the screen wasn't totally white then the gun would have a hard time detecting the electron beam, if a portion of the screen was black it wouldn't be detected at all and consequently wouldn't register a hit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, just so you know how they work:
The screen is completely blacked out by the lightgun. The TV then starts to fill the screen with white pixels. When the Light gun's sensor picks up on a white pixel, the data between the remaining refresh time is calculated and turned into X and Y coords.
Of course, you all already knew that. :0)
It'd sure be nice if the GunCon worked with a PSX->USB converter, but alas, no.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts