Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a fan of Epsxe for awhile now and i got to say it one heck of an emulator, every game seem to be in perfect working condition. However i have never trying playing shooter game with a gun. Since i got Point Blank the other day, i though i go out and buy a Namco Guncon to play with the game, but unfortunately it dont seem to be working. Can someone please help me out here, as to how to configure it or set it up, and also do i need any kind of special plugin or hardware, (beside the actual psx console :D), please help me out thank., oh and by the way i've read the thread about calibrating the mouse as a gun, dont much like that idea, i want to be able to use the gun itself.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
HI!
AFAIK psx guns don't work on monitor (LCD)... only those designed for monitors should work correct...

S

·
0 Posts
none work correct on epsxe; it's guncon emulation isn't quite accurate, not even correctly playable with a mouse.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Samor said:
none work correct on epsxe; it's guncon emulation isn't quite accurate, not even correctly playable with a mouse.
Didn't know that... are there any plugins (not for ePSXe) that can make PC gun work correctly?

S

·
0 Posts
nope; as long as the mouse position doesn't correspond correctly with the actual screen position in the game I don't think anything's going to help.

S

·
0 Posts
well, you can play it with pad or keyboard but that's kind of crappy...
there might be a workaround using mouse for moving (analog sticks) and keys for shooting, but I don't know how well that would work, never actually tried it because it didn't sound like 'very well playable' to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts