Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hexa-core Intel Gulftown moved to 6.4GHz | NordicHardware
Intel is not expected to launch its first hexa-core desktop processor until next year, but engineering samples of the 32nm Gulftown CPU is already out in the wild. One of the have found its way into the hands of overclocker Shamino, and he of course overclocked it to the very limit. Using liquid nitrogen and a pretty terrifying operating voltage of 2.02V all six cores were clocked to nearly 6.4GHz for a quick screenshot.

With the cores clocked at 5.9GHz the system completed one round of 3DMark Vantage Performance to measure the CPU performance. The result was 51,177 points, which you can compare to the CPU score of the current Performance Profile world record at 32,328 points.

Intel seems to have come a long way with the new manufacturing process, months before the actual launch of Gulftown and at the same time there doesn't seem to be many problems with performance of its first six-core CPU.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
gulftown will use the new powergate right?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sagi, thats the marketing world for you. stop complaining about everything. i've just noticed you in the forums today and you already annoy me.

@squall I read its the 2nd generation high-K gate thingy, i think thats what you mean?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Yep, excellent.

:p It will have the advanced turbo boost then.

should also run a far sight cooler too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sagi, thats the marketing world for you. stop complaining about everything. i've just noticed you in the forums today and you already annoy me.

@squall I read its the 2nd generation high-K gate thingy, i think thats what you mean?
Well I am not sure how I am supposed to reply to that at this moment. I can't decide if I should take it as a compliment that you find me annoying or otherwise. But alas, thank you for the feedback.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sagi seems like one of those guys who will always baselessly trash on the incumbent company because it's popular. He's probably one of those guys who spells MS with a $
I am quite a huge MS fan actually. I am pretty sure Squall remembers my rantings to the Dolphin developers to ditch the crappy OGL for DX9/10.

My dislike for ziontel is rather political. Hence why I call it by the reason I dislike it for.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah 32nm should do wonders for the temperature. I think i read its also around 22% faster clock for clock over the current gen.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I am quite a huge MS fan actually. I am pretty sure Squall remembers my rantings to the Dolphin developers to ditch the crappy OGL for DX9/10.

My dislike for ziontel is rather political. Hence why I call it by the reason I dislike it for.
Ditching Open standards for a Closed kit is really annoying.
for what its worth, i don't think Open source software should be allowed to use Direct3D and still be able to call itself open source.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well I am not sure how I am supposed to reply to that at this moment. I can't decide if I should take it as a compliment that you find me annoying or otherwise. But alas, thank you for the feedback.
Not only can it annoy people, it can also make you seem very immature. Although Intel's business practices have not always been very ethical, for which they got a huge fine by the EU, most people here don't care about such things as they're looking for the best performance they can get with their money.

If you make claims like calling it "ziontel" we would at least like you to give a good reason for it. Bashing brands here in a topic where we're trying to discuss one of its latest products will otherwise simply be seen as unneeded flamebaiting and trolling.

As for the processor itself: I'm more interested what they can do with normal air cooling, since that's actually relevant for consumers.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you'll be waiting a full year for those.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah but if my gaming embargo continues, i can do that lol.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeahhh i know. i just love having the newest stuff :)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well my computer fetish has only recently flourished. this build is my first one, built back in march 2008.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.