Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, I'm trying to run Guitar Freaks V3. The game is just easy to run, it's not even 3D and most of things are pre-renderized.

But there's a problem:
While you play the game, there is always a video playing in the background, and it makes the game laggy sometimes, which ruins everything. So I made a patch to skip those videos:

gametitle=Guitar Freaks V3 Drummania V3
comment=Skip Video
//SkipVideo
patch=1,EE,00108748,word,24020001
It really works, it freezes the video on his first frame and you can keep playing until the end of the song with no lags. But the sound stops too, you can just listen the guitar! That means they put the background music with the video.

I've already tried everything, really! But the music freezes with the video.
If anyone knows how to keep the music playing, please, help me. :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Do you using latest PCSX2 and its plugins?Because in compatibility list it is tested by beta PCSX2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you using latest PCSX2 and its plugins?Because in compatibility list it is tested by beta PCSX2
I'm using PCSX2 last version, I can't use Gdsx last version. When I try to use it, the screen gets white and the game freezes.
You can really play it, but there are too many lags in some songs, which sometimes ruin the game.

Everything that I have tried until now give me the same result. I wrote: "play sound." and the video freezes with the music anyway.
Isn't there any specific command to stop the video and keep the sound playing? Thanks. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts