Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its not exactly mmorpg, Its not exactly Diablo. Its somewhere in between. But I guess you people who dont like paying fees for games would like this one. Costs 50 dollars at Wal Mart but its forever in your playtime. I havent had "Too much" Chance to play it yet. Getting used to the interface.

I'm not exactly fond of the way level of control they give you over graphics. As I "Hate" the bloom effect. But I need it on to see the nicer water. :hdbash:

Either way. This is my level 1 necromancer. :cool:

4xAA/16xAF (Transparency Multisampling) 1600x1200

*Edit* Wierd; Some screenshots didnt upload aty 1600x1200. Yet the I took them all at the same time. Wonder why that happened.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum im not sure how it turned out in the retail version but in the E3 demo if you lowerd 1 level of the graphic detail it would only turn off the bloom.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
A friend of mine bought me Guild Wars last Saturday, so i've been playing it a lot since then. Really enjoying it so far.. I'm a level 11 Warrior/Monk. Runs beautiful on my machine at max settings. Here's a shot of my character.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I've heard the the PVP in this game is about the only thing worth actually playing, where the quests/missions are not as fun. Is it true? The storyline looked interesting and the area's are gorgeous.

I'm still contemplating if I should pick it up.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
sadly, i've already grown tired with GW. but, then again, i'm not a PvPer. the missions last long enough time and doing the side quests will rack up the hours regardless. only problem is you get to level 20 half way through, so the motivation to keep playing goes down a notch. in the end, unless you fancy going through making lots of characters, you have to really enjoy pvp to get the most out of this game.

Zer0Soul said:
I've heard the the PVP in this game is about the only thing worth actually playing, where the quests/missions are not as fun. Is it true? The storyline looked interesting and the area's are gorgeous.

I'm still contemplating if I should pick it up.
in all honesty, if you're not a pvp person, its probably not the best game to choose. the entertainment from the quests declines steeply.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
this game is a really good one and I'm so happy I bought it, I hadnt played it in any of the betas so it was a really good first impression
PVE is great , PVP is even better.

well, PvP plays a big role in this game, after all it's called guild wars :p , but the PvE part is really well done and I'm running through it with a second char, I'm still enjoying it, and I didn't even touched the veteran maps with my first char. But if you think that leveling up is really important to your level of enjoyment then you may get tired faster, you'll reach lvl20 a bit after the middle of the game so the only purpose of playing the rest is to get the rest of your 150 skills set, get new armor and to see the ending of the story :) .

·
band
4,912 Posts
i have a level 13 ranger/elementalist and so far its been great. i just havent been playing much due to work >_>

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I have a level 20 Ranger/Monk, a level 8 Warrior/Elementalist, and a PVP Character i don't use. Almost finished with story mode with Ranger/Monk, pretty much just been capping skills lately.

I'm on the Ring of Fire Mission.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Level 20 is the max level you can reach? That seems a bit low oO

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
it is low, but they do that for balance issues. the less levels, the less points to distrubute and the more you have to think about the skills you want to use.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
if by single player you mean playing offline the answer is no, you have to be connected all the time to play it

but if you mean playing alone all the PvE mode then yes, you can play all by yourself (although it will but a bit harder) with the AI henchmen every city has :) .

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sadly, This game really isnt going to give you a real MMORPG experience. But its not really a MMORPG anyway.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
its more of a toned down diablo2. its just hiding that fact by giving you a town where everyone can meet. otherwise, its even more limited in that no one can join in your game after it starts.

theres no REAL item search and no endless exping. like NCSoft said themselves, its a pvp rpg.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Are there a lot of updates when you first sign on? I plan on getting this but I only have 56k, so I don't want to spend 10 hours downloading updates.

I've heard it's pretty low lag. I've played other online rpgs before with 56k and never got lag. I just had to download huge updates.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well this game updates WHILE you play, thats one if its major features. so with a 56k modem u might lag if its updating at that time. And most stuff are downloaded during loads as well so it migh take along time to load between areas.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exodus said:
its more of a toned down diablo2. its just hiding that fact by giving you a town where everyone can meet. otherwise, its even more limited in that no one can join in your game after it starts.

theres no REAL item search and no endless exping. like NCSoft said themselves, its a pvp rpg.

Ya. Its good fun when EQ 2/WoW servers are down. But this wont be replacing traditional MMORPGs, Either way I am Kudo's to a good game none the less.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I really enjoy the exploring part of the game. It's almost like a 3d RPG as opposed to an MMORPG. Lot's of fun.=)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
I still have to go to caipirinha´s house to see this game kicking.
After i put my pc together again, i think ill buy HL2, but if i like this one, who knows....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts