Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am New in this forum and This is my first post.
I was searching through internet that how to fix the car headlight graphical
problem in GTA CTW and then found this forum, where same problem has been occur to many people but no solution.
Solution I found myself and here it is.
It is very very simple we have to just go to
option> Emulation setup> 3D Renderer> (change 'nocash' to 'opengl')
thats all.
I am using NO$GBA 2.6a
May you all like my post Thanks.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
No. That's the only way.
OpenGL does unfortunately run slower though.

· Registered
7 Posts
it's a trivial thing

i kinda like the wire frame headlight more actually
it has a comicy feel to it
Yes, the nocash render looks more like a comic, because there are black lines around the buildings. Opengl seems to be more realistic. But I don't like the wireframes. Unfortunately the Opengl render isn't really smooth and it's not up to my pc-system.

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
You should try NGZoom.

· No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
Can we update OpenGL?

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
It's not OpenGL itself which runs slow, it's way the emu is utilising OpenGL. Thus updating OpenGL (which is no longer done since OpenGL 1.5 like around 10 years ago as since then it's been incorporated into Graphics card drivers and has not changed massively until a few months ago when OpenGL 3.0 came about (but the emu does not even use OpenGL 3.0 so that's irrelevant)) attempting to update OpenGL (which is futile and to a certain degree impossible anyways) would yield no benefit as the emu would not take advantage of it. If something is propperly optimised and coded for OpenGL it can run just as fast as D3D or DX.

Also it's not as if the engine used for the nocash renderer (unless there never is another version of the emu) is incapable of displaying everything the OpenGL renderer can, it's just that at this stage the it has not been coded yet to show those things.

So once again, no nothing can be done.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
I know that 2.0 and 2.1 exist, but they don't exist as a seperate download, they only exist as part of graphics card drivers (or the extension mechanism as you called it). This also means that the design/specs of OpenGL have not changed since 2.1 but rather the way graphics card drivers are able to implement it have constantly been changing and evolving, sometimes improving, sometimes taking a step back. The last seperately downloadable OpenGL version was 1.5.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
SCHUMI_4EVER: No, there's no "downloadable" openGL version, we are talking about openGL, not DirectX: the implementation is part of the graphic driver. If you talk about openGL, you MUST talk about it's specs or a vendor driver implementation. As of the first, it's what I detailed on my other post. The vendor implementation depends on the company, but afaik, NVidia and ATI both had 2.0 and 2.1 implementations when the specs came out.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Hmm, you're right, upon a little more research it seems what I saw like 10 years ago (when I knew little about computers) was in fact an OpenGL download for Mac, so yeah ok OpenGL has never been downloadable for Windows expect as part of the Graphics drivers so sorry for the confusion on that part.

As for the implementation of it in graphics drivers both ATI and nVidia have been OpenGL compliant from the start every time. However ATI has only had basic OpenGL support for a while and was missing some of the extensions (or only implementing them through software emulation rather than hardware) which only recently started improving, but still has not quite reached the level of OpenGL implementation by nVidia which are regarded as the better graphics cards for emulation because of their improved OpenGL implementation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.