Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its my computer(512RaM p4 2.0ghz geforce4 128MB) or not, but when i load the game in VBA, it kinda stutters. Frame rate quite low. Is there a way to fix this? :)

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
MAYBE (very low chance) you still somehow got the screwed 1.7.1. If not that, I can think of a bad dump...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, when i wrote the reply, it is ver 1.7.0 but since ive updated to 1.7.2.. it still lags. ahak, bet u fools thought i was gona say it doesnt lag. ok that wasnt funny. :)

any other ideas?? :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
DawnShadow said:
heh, when i wrote the reply, it is ver 1.7.0 but since ive updated to 1.7.2.. it still lags. ahak, bet u fools thought i was gona say it doesnt lag. ok that wasnt funny. :)

any other ideas?? :)
You could give VBA CE a try, it seems to perform better than VBA 1.7.2. :)
All my games run perfect on that emu. :D

Something you can use to check is, in the emu's options there is an option :
Show speed- .............(type) .... , select percentage.

The percentage of the emu's speed performance (whatever you call it) will be displayed on the top left hand corner of the emu's window.

If it isn't at least in the 90% range the game will stutter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm. it is at 100% all the time. i think its meant to have low frame rates. seems like its updating the frames at 1 time every 1/4 second. its annoying. i tried throttling it up to 150% but then the music is weird and all sped up. tried CE. same thing. any other solutions?? :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
DawnShadow said:
hmm. it is at 100% all the time. i think its meant to have low frame rates. seems like its updating the frames at 1 time every 1/4 second. its annoying. i tried throttling it up to 150% but then the music is weird and all sped up. tried CE. same thing. any other solutions?? :)
Is this the only game that does this on your VBA emu?

What's strange, oO my PC's way weaker than yours and all my games run fine. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
other games run fine. its just gta thats annoying. i guess i got used to the sped up music.

oh yeah i think its meant to run it that sort of laggish way. the built in FPS counter shows 60 fps all the way. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
DawnShadow said:
other games run fine. its just gta thats annoying. i guess i got used to the sped up music.

oh yeah i think its meant to run it that sort of laggish way. the built in FPS counter shows 60 fps all the way. :)
Thats strange! I don't have any problems with this game. oO

I run the game at 90 fps :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
DawnShadow said:
really?? no choppiness?? can i ...... have your copy?? :emb:
Sorry you aren't allowed deal in ROMS. :) Besides I couldn't send it to you even if I was allowed to.
You can only send a max of 1M file size on my email accounts

I think check your settings. On VBA CE I use:

Video x4 ; Frame skip 0 and Auto Frame skip ; filter - Super 2X Sai and vsync on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you mean WE arent right? ohyeah, forgot bout the no rom deal thing. im sorry, forum admins.

alright sonic i'll follow those. thanks 4 the advice

·
Registered
76 Posts
DawnShadow said:
You didnt get Advance GTA did you?
Yes I did. :)

Are we talking about the same game? oO

The one I have for GBA starts where you have to follow a guy to a car then drive to a restaurant. :)

On the way you can either drive properly on the streets or drive on the pavement and ram people over.

Does this sound right?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
you do realize that VisualBoyAdvance CE is just a hacked version made by a rom distributing group (supposively in memory of Forgotten).... -_-

general performance enhancements should help you out. search the boards for some. Early builds of VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2 has problems with speed and stuttering. Grab a copy from the sourceforge page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vba/

Also play around with frameskipping, and check for CPU consumption applications in the background.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts