48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys hi there ..
i'm having problems running Gran Turismo 2 running on my pc
i use epsxe 1.40 :

-lewpie 3dfx plugin (voodoo 3 3000)
settings made NTSC
others are default

-pete's audio driver (soundblaster live value)
check all the boxes in the sound settings

-berret CDR driver ( got CDRW F: / CDCREATIVE 50x E:)
settings was made e: drive

when i start the game
it loads ... SONY PRESENTS
then .. this car is not the same as the real car bla bla bla
and it stops there.. i dunno why .. it worked on VGS but not on ePSXe . can anyone help ? thanks ..

·
Registered
136 Posts
From the ePSXe (English) Readme

ePSXe also includes an option called "cdrom timing accurate". It changes the CD-Rom
timing, what allows to partially play some games like Gran Tourismo and Point Blank 2.
Same applies to GT2 ;)

The option actually says.. Enable accurate cdrom timing.

and yep, you still need it if using an ISO!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried it .. it doesnt work ..
even if i turn of MDEC also doesnt work
oh man ...
what should i do :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
You might want to give either the internal CD Plugin that comes w/ePSXe or Pete's CD plugin vers. 1.10 a try. Both work excellently for me. The only problem I encountered is that Pete's CD plugin did not seem to work well w/Iori's SPU vers. 1.43 which I am using. So I switched to the internal CD plugin and everything is fine. Berret's CD driver is a good one, but it is kind of old and may not work well w/all drives. Pete's and the internal one are new and seem to perform great for most people. One last thing, make sure that you have the CD plugin set to the same letter as your drive is. Example: your CD writer is drive E, then set the CD plugin to Drive E. If your CD writer is drive E and the plugin is set to F, it won't work.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still hangs at the title this car insde is not hte same as the real car bla bla bla
but my cdrom and hd was flashing like hell ..
i woinder what they are reading ...
anyone for my solution ?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
that sounds to me like a bad cd....... when the lights of the cd starts flashing on and off very fast...... Its not able to read the cd correctly...... Look for scratches and smudges....... Pc cd roms are more sensitive to them than a real psx...... You might want to try pressing f4 twice while the game is loading....... then press start on your controller..... Or press f5 then f4...... Make sure you try both cd rom options too..... sometimes that works instead of just accurate cd rom timing.... enable them both and see what happens.......

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that didnt work either !! WAAAA !!!
but if i change into iso u think it would work ? i dont think its a bad cd coz played uysing VGS was fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
GT2 freeze during start up: possible solution

In order to run GT2 on my machine using 1.4 and to get the game to actually run (let's not mention how it tends to freeze during game loading frequently) you have to do 2 things. I'm using Pete's 1.5 cdrom plugin.

1. Under your CD-ROM config, make sure "accurate cd timing" is enabled. Also make sure "don't wait until drive is ready" is checked (under the plugin's "configure"), you need that option for GT2.

2. Make sure you got the right drive configured on both the plugin "config" and the cdrom "config".

3. Since you checked "don't wait until drive is ready", you MUST eject the drive, put your game in, and close the drive. Once you see the lights blinking AND you hear your drive start running, then choose "Run Cdrom". If you don't, you'll either get an "open cdrom" error in the command line or it'll proceed to emulate the psx as if there was no cd inserted, bringing up the psx cd player and mem. manager.

Doing these steps, I finally got GT2 to work. My drive worked under the "SPEC 2" driver (located under pete's "config"). The game finally loaded past the two intro screens and I started playing. Though every now and then it tends to freeze up while loading after racing. So you might want to save often. Try F4 on freeze ups or before they likely happen.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the hang

I also managed to get around the freeze up on GT2 (...about 95% of the time) during the game loading. This at least works on my system and config:

This gets a bit ridiculous, but it works. I tend to watch my cdrom light blink, before I know the cd goes into "loading mode (cd read)" and then I hit whatever button to continue. If I notice the light not blinking I wait a few seconds until the light blinks and then I hit the button, just to make sure that I access the cd when it is actually spinning. Usually then it won't freeze up. But if it does.... 1. eject the cd rom 2. Be ready and quick (I'm running Windows 98SE) and when I eject the cd my cursor is show on the blank screen and just seconds after I see that cursor it turns into an hourglass (the "thinking" icon), as soon as I see that hourglass I hit ESC and it brings me back into the epsxe GUI (not the game). From there you could insert your cd back into the drive, wait for the spin and hit RUN, then CONTINUE and it'll go back to where it froze.

If anyone has a better means to saving the freeze-up, please tell me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a wierd problem with GT2. About 85% of the time, it hangs up when I buy a car. When I can actually get it to race, it won't stop racing. I'll either win or lose, but no matter what, instead of a replay, it makes me race again. If I finish it again, it'll make me do it again. If I try to quit the race, it starts the race over again. Any suggestions???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts