Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird problem w/ePSXe and GT2. Whenever using any SPU plugin, whether it be Pete's Dsound, or the core SPU (v1.4.0), if I disable the music (lower it to 0) in the options of GT2, the music is still played during the game, however stopped during menus etc. Now with Null2s, if I set the volume to 0, it doesn't play any music at all, which is exactly what I want to do in GT2 (I don't like the music in the game). So anyone know why this happens? I know I can disable XA read and stuff, but still, why does it occur w/those plugins, but not Null2s? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get the same here, Music lowered to 0, still it plays in-game.. and yeah, i hate it too.. i need that cool engine sound, not some freak shouting out vocals :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'll take a stab in the dark here!

The SPU Interface allows for changing the XA Left Volume and XA Right Volume!
Its used by only a handful of games! If a Plugin Author doesn't have one of those games, then they can't test to see if it works properly! Null2 probably had a game to test it with, so implemented it! Of course the other thing is that they think its a minor point and just dont bother :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, you could get down on your knees and beg kindly to those that havent implemented it to actually implement it!

Or............... You could use ePSXeCutor, and just Disable it in the games you dont want it to play in, like GT2!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ePSXecutor does that? Damn, maybe I shoulda used that from the start, but I like configuring my own stuff usually, full control... oh well, I'll try ePSXecutor. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts