Next Generation Emulation banner

GT2 is running choppy! but frame rate shows over 55 all the time??

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fivefeet8 
#1 ·
First of all, this is my first post so if I missed anything please tell me .. and thanx for reading .

I just got the epsxe1.4 with the pete's plug ins so i can play GT2 on it...

it loaded up fine and the game is working, but its awfully choppy.
:confused: I have Celeron running at 950 with Radeon DDR and 320mbs of ram and i use MX300 soundcard. and odd thing is that if i dont limit the frame rates or frame skip, the game is smooth but it runs slow and i have to disable music because its slow as well.

so the time goes slow, about 2 real time sceonds equal 1 second in the game. if i do not do that and enable frame skip, then timing is right but even though fps shown is always over 55 fps, the game is very choppy.

ive tried running in lowest resolutions with lowest settings but same results.

i've tried to find some help looking through the forum, but no one else seems to have this problem.. thanx.

and where can i get information on how i've setup the epsx? i wanted to post the settings but couldnt find it.

THANX A BUNCH!!
:D :D :D

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
thanx for reply. i have 2 cd-roms on the computer, one is toshiba 12x DVD rom and other is 2x2x16 CDRW, and i get same results with both of them and im running them without music...

hmmm wonder what it is...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.