Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'm not sure if it does anything on an emulator, but on psx hi res mode makes GT run in 640x480(I think) instead of 320x240.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
What hi res mode? a bonus, how?
i havent paid a lot of attention to GT until i got it used for a bargain. so please enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I only saw it once at a friend's house, but I'm pretty sure its a hidden feature. You probably gotta do something like win all the arcade mode races. And I'm pretty sure it only lets you do high res on a couple of tracks.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
thanks. i just did some surfing
apparently in arcade mode you just have to enter some code in that bonus menu
in simulation you gotta win some big races
and they say it makes the game look "less pixelated", AND make the sound better, i havent tried it yet tho. i would think it'd make a difference for emulators too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, to get it in arcade mode you have to win all tracks with all classes, and on my psx i didn't get it in simulation mode until i beat every race imaginable.

It looked like to me that it was running at more fps on the psx, but on epsxe the fps are not changed. I don't think the resolution is changed, because i tried it on bleem in windowed mode and the size of the window only changed to 640x480 for some menu screens. I would just like somebody to confirm what is changed:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome me!

This is my first post ever but I am sure you will see more of me in the near future.

The Hi Res GT Mode is accessed by completing each track in arcade mode in A,B and C class cars. It must be on the hard setting though.

You dont have to win on easy or medium.

You only get 3 tracks.

I cleared gran turismo mode and got all the international gold licences.

If you do this you get this nismo 400R.

WOW!!!

Boy is it fast.

No other car compares to its handling,speed and sound.

Excellent!

Anyways. Did I leave anything out here.

Oh yeah!

The difference in Hi Res mode is that most of the buildings at the side of the road are gone and there are no other cars and no music!

Maybe there is music. I also read that the maximum frames per second that the playstation uses for most games eg.50 or 60 is upped for this mode. Maybe 75 or something. We wont notice the difference but we will see some difference too with all those extra polys to spare.

Hope this was a worthwhile first post.

See ya later guys!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thanks fo rhte info king tweaker. I bet those extra polys would help a bit. I'd be interested to know if the difference is noticable in epsxe. BTW G-man I'm sure you probably did, but just in case...when you tried hi res mode on epsxe did you set you fps limit to auto detect?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, although the fps didn't change. Something does look different, though I can't figure out what. I'm using Lewpy's GPU and I tried the three differen't frame cap methods (old, new, hybrid). On autodetect, the fps was 30 using old, 60 using the other two. If the fps is increased when playing on the psx, I'm not sure the GPU will allow it, maybe Lewpy can help:)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would think that it would slow the PSX down to terrible speeds, because as I herd GT2 barely runs of PSX in the first place, (but thats just what I herd). Anyways, if you unlocked this and ran it on Bleemcast! would it look any better at all? Or would your Dreamcast explode?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts