Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently purchased "Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories" and while I could play it on my console (which I will end up doing if there is no fix for this), I would prefer to use my PC since it looks way better on my video hardware.

Anyhow, the game seems to work perfectly fine (visual and audio bugs are minimal and the game itself runs at full speed in most cases) but there seems to be this one crash bug with GsDx which I am unsure whether there is a setting that will fix this or will I have to wait for a new version. I can get in game alright but at absolutely any time during battle (and even immediately before and after), PCSX2 will crash with the "Pcsx2.exe has stopped working..." error and the fault module name is of course the GSdx plugin.

In terms of versions, I am using:

1. the recently released "PCSX2 Playground 1.0.0395" (I know this isn't the PCSX2 playground forum but the bug is coming from the plugin and not the emulation core. That and this game won't even work on v0.94 and v0.95 so I have no choice but to stick to the version I am using).
2. Gsdx v0.1.13 ssse3 (rolling back the plugin to older versions does not solve the problem (nor switching to sse2) as the crash is still there). My PC specs are in my sig if you must know those. All my video drivers are up to date too (i.e. ATI Catalyst).

Oh! and trying ZeroGS is out of the question because that plugin will just give me a black screen (no video output for this game).

So any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also should mention that settings changes don't seem to affect this at all. This will occur in both Directx 9 and Directx 10 modes
EDIT 2: Disabling Crossfire doesn't fix it either.

EDIT 3: Ok this sucks. Looks like I have no choice but to use the emulator. I decided that since nobody seemed to have a solution, I'd just play it on my PS2 after all but it looks like I can't save (get an insufficient space error even though I have plenty (close to the full 32MB) and no other games have this problem so there's nothing wrong with the memory card). Apparently that's a known issue too so I'm out of luck (I'm not going to buy another memory card just for one game). Anyhow, for the time being, I'm just going to have to save often (or use savestates after every battle). That is unless of course someone has a solution to the GPU plugin crashes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts