Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite... :mad: got pj 1.3 got everything set up trying to run zelda ot... loads i see a red sky?!?!?! poopoo. why is zelda's clothes white?!?!?! grrrr n64 is poop can sumone please help me?? thx..
 

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another...
 

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last one sumone help meee!!! by the way i have the latest drivers and im using voodoo 3. this problem also happened with old drivers soooo new drivers didnt help...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Have you tried UltraHLE? - the First and one of the best N64 emu outthere.

UltraHLE also ONLY works on a Glide (Voodoo) based cards. Maybe you should give it a try.
 

·
Key To The Universe
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Yup, UltraHLE runs Zelda OoT PERFECTLY. I finished the game twice, and there were no problems(at least I don't remember). You have a Voodoo3, so it will run very well, but don't forget to get the voodoo3 fix for UltraHLE. btw, some people say that pj runs Zelda64 very well, just as good as UltraHLE. I don't know, I have a too slow computer for pj.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
very strange, i run both zelda games perfecton pj64 at 60fps.(just minor probs like the item screen)

for older computers it seems that ultra hle is the best choice. maybe you should also try messing with the plugins and their settings in pj64.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Erm its been a while now but if I recall correctly Ultrahle had bugs with the glide2x.dll file that came with the voodoo 3. If you are using Ultrahle then you'll need to d/l the drivers for the Voodoo banshee and copy the glide2x.dll file contained within them to the directory into which you installed the emu.
 

·
Key To The Universe
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Erm its been a while now but if I recall correctly Ultrahle had bugs with the glide2x.dll file that came with the voodoo 3. If you are using Ultrahle then you'll need to d/l the drivers for the Voodoo banshee and copy the glide2x.dll file contained within them to the directory into which you installed the emu.
Just download the UltraHLE Voodoo3 Fix.

404: Yes, UltrHLE only supports Glide, but you can always use Glide Wrappers for non-3dfx cards.
 

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alrite ill try ultrahle thx i think itz time for a new video card tho.. tim to start saving :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon


Just download the UltraHLE Voodoo3 Fix.
Ahem the Voodoo3 Fix IS this file:p. However it overwrites the copy which is located in the windows\system directory hence it can cause problems in other programs. That is why I recommened the above method instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by WUwata
i cant even get my ultrahle thing to work.....WHY IS THIS HAPPENIN?!:laser:
First of all what video card you got? If it's not a voodoo card, then you need to get a glide wrapper.
 

·
Key To The Universe
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by WUwata
i cant even get my ultrahle thing to work.....WHY IS THIS HAPPENIN?
Tell us your problem and we might help you. kairi00 has already given a suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
Ok Glide wrappers , There are many and some are really good , but they are old and can't take the best out of the emu !
 

·
Key To The Universe
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Glide wrappers are not that bad. eVoodoo is still in development, and some of them were specially made to work with UltraHLE.
 

·
I'm in despair!
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by vivrantpig
last one sumone help meee!!! by the way i have the latest drivers and im using voodoo 3. this problem also happened with old drivers soooo new drivers didnt help...
If you care to read Project 64's docs, you'll see that Voodoo 3's aren't in it's recommended video cards list.. meaning you're likely to find bugs with it.

I heard somewhere that you can fix this problems by playing with the Direct3D settings using a tweaking tool, so you can try asking in a N64-related board for more information.

[]s Badaro
 

·
Key To The Universe
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Badaro is right. People download a tweak utility called DirectControl and inside the D3D options they disable AGP Texturing or something like that. Most people have a HUGE speed improvement. You should try it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon
Badaro is right. People download a tweak utility called DirectControl and inside the D3D options they disable AGP Texturing or something like that. Most people have a HUGE speed improvement. You should try it.
Actually you don't need to d/l anything to disable AGP texturing. This can be done with dxdiag (which comes with directx). To run it simply type dxdiag into the run dialog box.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top