Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ライチュウ|タオ
4,016 Posts
An XBox is sort of a PC, so I'll bite.

I bought an Xbox on Friday, and I opened it up to clean it out, and found over 5 dead cockroaches[babies] inside. It was so gross. I Lysol'd just about everything that wasn't a PCB in there, let 'em air out, then wiped the stuff down. Also vacuumed out the thing. Nasty little ****ers.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Well i hae found blankets of dust and hair, where you could actually roll it up.
a used condomoO and nothing else really tops that. But my friends computer always smells like asian food, of course he is asian so...

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to work on my cousin's PC this upcoming week and I'll probably have to clean it. How does one go about getting all of that dust and hair out? Do I just get some gloves and pluck it from inside?

I don't have a handheld vaccum.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
I have to work on my cousin's PC this upcoming week and I'll probably have to clean it. How does one go about getting all of that dust and hair out? Do I just get some gloves and pluck it from inside?

I don't have a handheld vaccum.

a can of air works well. Of course we have a gigantic air compressor so i dont gotta deal with those lol.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
A dead gekko inside my 3years case

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Whats up with dead animals entering computer cases? i can see two mice fighting over who gets the room with the power supply and fan, and who gets to roast in the room next to the graphics card.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
a used condomoO
Eww...oOoO Sounds like an act of revenge to me.

Whats up with dead animals entering computer cases? i can see two mice fighting over who gets the room with the power supply and fan, and who gets to roast in the room next to the graphics card.
The gfx room is better IMO :p In the PSU and fan, they'll get fried from the electricity or get their necks chopped off from the fan. Anyway, this again sounds like an act of revenge.....unless a mouse drilled a hole in the case without the user not knowing about it and the PC not malfunctioning.....

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
:lol:
Seriously, how the hell does a used condom get inside a closed up computer case? You'd have to open the side and consciously put it in there.
Who knows maybe added crusted protein has sound absorption properties. Anyone tried?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
My friend gave me an old one many years back (Windows wouldn't boot), and the back and sides had some old dried small spaghetti and sauce on some parts, and some was inside, but it wasn't much.

I just opened it and parted out the CPU (AMD K-6 266MHz or something), hard drive, RAM, add on cards, and CPU fan. The hard drive, motherboard, and RAM have since been gotten rid of, and I did away with the case, PSU, cables, and optical drive from the start.

Other than that, I've never found anything besides dust and hairs inside a computer. Not sure how dead animals are getting inside some of them.

Oh, and vacuum cleaners and electronics aren't such a great idea.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts