Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
How?

Ryan Reynolds has already confirmed he's working on the DeadPool film. Him doing 2 super hero films after one another? Sounds like a bad idea.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I r sorry but GHOST RIDER sucked unless your a 8 year old.`
Actually its the other way around its to complex for a 8 years old's brain, which is why those with the brain in that range of age complain about it.

And to be on topic i am kind of curious to see how this movie (i mean Green Lantern) will turn up.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
I just new I wasn't the only singing this tune about GR and its fail.
Ghost Rider (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"
Ghost Rider received mainly negative reviews from film critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, Ghost Rider has a 28% overall approval out of 122 reviews from critics.[38] The results were mirrored in Metacritic reviews as well, displaying a ranking of 35 out of 100 based on 20 critical reviews.[39] Additionally, Michael Ordoña of the Los Angeles Times[40] and Jeannette Catsoulis of the New York Times[41] expressed disappointment in the movie, with Ordoña citing the "satanic references" and "judgemental" elements of Cage's character, and Catsoulis denoting how Johnny Blaze is "more funny than frightening". Although Eric Alt of the Chicago Tribune praises the computer-generated effects of the film, he also criticizes it, calling it a "clumsy, lifeless outing".[42"

BREAKING: Ryan Reynolds is The Green Lantern! - Cinematical

Yay or nay?

Deadpool was God awful, it's blasphemous to even mention it. But Reynolds bears the Hal Jordan resemblance...they better not fudge this up, Green Lantern universe is my favorite DC comic :eyemove:
In 2 years I'm pretty sure I'll forget about this movie -.-

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I loved Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Iron Man, and the first Batman (89) and the Batman with Ra's Ahl Ghul, but I didn't like Superman Returns, Batman Dark Knight, Hulk *first*, Elektra, or the 3rd Spiderman movie that much.

What was wrong with Ghost Rider vs the comic book?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
i liked ghost rider. mainly because of the action scenes, and also because the story was relitively chessy.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
He was made to be black in recent years to be politically correct on American television... also because the Justice League looked like a bunch of racists without a token black guy. :p

"Affirmative Action strikes again!"

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Wasn't John Stewert a Green Lantern since the 60s? Sure he was added in Justice League on the Animated Series, but Hal was a nutcase villain, and many GL fans didn't want Kyle on the show...

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the Green Lantern was black.
John Stewart is black, and he's Earths second GL. Hal Jordan is the original and first. There's Guy Gardner too. Kyle is pretty much dragged into the whole thing against his will.

And if you read the comics, Hal going rogue wasn't his fault... I don't want to spoil it though :)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Yes, but Green Lantern Rebirth hadn't occurred when Justice League had John Stewert in its group.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm, that so... I don't really keep up with the Justice League comics, way too many variations to go through for my taste.

But no, Alan Scott is the original Green Lantern. The Golden Age Green Lantern as many fans would put it. Hal Jordan is the Silver Age Lantern, though they intertwine with each other quite a bit. Guy Gardner is the 60s GL, Stewart is the 70s, and Kyle the modern.

And I'm pretty sure Stewert was in the JLA during the Rebirth saga....they confronted him in Coast City. I'll make sure though, I'll have to dig through some books to find my copy :p

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Hmmm, that so... I don't really keep up with the Justice League comics, way too many variations to go through for my taste.

But no, Alan Scott is the original Green Lantern. The Golden Age Green Lantern as many fans would put it. Hal Jordan is the Silver Age Lantern, though they intertwine with each other quite a bit. Guy Gardner is the 60s GL, Stewart is the 70s, and Kyle the modern.

And I'm pretty sure Stewert was in the JLA during the Rebirth saga....they confronted him in Coast City. I'll make sure though, I'll have to dig through some books to find my copy :p
I was referring to the Animated Series, at the time the Animated Series was running on the air, Hal was Parallax, and I seriously doubt Kyle would have been interesting on the animated series, nor would he be having a relationship with Hawkwoman...

Yeah, I know Alan Scott was the first GL, but most people identify with Hal, who was a villain when the Animated Series was airing. As you can guess I don't like Kyle even though I read ~100 issues of the story before dumping the book.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was referring to the Animated Series, at the time the Animated Series was running on the air, Hal was Parallax, and I seriously doubt Kyle would have been interesting on the animated series, nor would he be having a relationship with Hawkwoman...

Yeah, I know Alan Scott was the first GL, but most people identify with Hal, who was a villain when the Animated Series was airing. As you can guess I don't like Kyle even though I read ~100 issues of the story before dumping the book.
Oh hehe :p

I don't mind Kyle. But like a lot of modern fictional characters, he has quite a number of emo moments...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I don't know why, I just got the feeling. I'm a very open minded person when it comes to movies...but my spider sense tells me to stay away from this one. I probably still will go see it....but...ugh.
Well, here's hoping it gets the X-Men treatment instead of the Fantastic Four/Daredevil/Ghost Rider treatment...

also because the story was relitively chessy.
I remember there being some pretty ridiculously cheesy lines in that movie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.