Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I've been adding some new things to my portfolio. Here's the latest thing I've worked on, a port of Microsoft's old gravity demo written in the late 90's. I always thought this was the coolest demo in Microsoft's SDK back in that day. The original source code used Direct3D7 (D3DX) so I ported it to Direct3D9 to make things a bit smoother. Right now, there haven't been many enhancements yet. It still uses per-vertex lighting and it's still a bit CPU bound (which really isn't a problem). I'd like to add some per-pixel lighting later on, nice skybox so that it looks more like deep space and even make a screen saver out of it :)

So those who are interested can either check out the screens below, or download the demo + source code and see what I've added/removed. You can modify the resolution and number of particles to your liking if you have visual studio .net 2003 or later, but it works on 6.0 for those who have it. Hope you all like it :)

Requirements:
- A Direct3D 9.0 compatible video card (The included exe uses a 32-bit Z-Buffer (Depth 24-bit, Stencil 8-bit) but you can change that if you need to).

Controls:
- Alt+Enter: Toggle fullscreen/windowed mode (default 640x480)
- Escape: Exit

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Gravity.. hmm.... gpu physx ftw!

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
heh cool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.