Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post here, but just to let you know, I have read all the general info forums, and searched for my problem but have not found a forum on it, I would also like to apologize in advance for my grammatical errors, as my period does not work at all, So here is my problem, I DL EPSXE, 17, and put it on my crappy laptop, (the one im typing this on), and after many frustrating days, I am now able to play MGS straight from the disk, Realizing that my PC is far more capable of handling such a task as emulating PS1 and PS2 games, I decided to install EPSXE on it in hopes of playing my favorite PS1 game, But I can't, I have all updated graphics plug in, and using the only dvd drive plugin that does not give me error messages, but when I go select "run from CD-ROM", the screen goes black, just like it does on my laptop, but unlike my laptop, nothing else happens, If I wait about 1 and a half minutes on my laptop, the game will start, but with my desktop, I can wait an hour and a half, and nothing happens, I first thought it was a graphics problem, so I made all sorts of tweaks and adustments, but to no avail, then I noticed that my DvD light (the one that lets you know it is reading a disk), does not come on at all when I'm trying to run EPSXE, but will work any other time,

And before you ask, no, I have not tried any other game, as MGS is the only PS1 game I have left

Here are the specs of my computer

HP Pavilion a6430f

nVidia GeForce 6100 nforce 430

AMD Phenom 8400 Triple Core Processor

3GB RAM

Windows Vista 32bit

And my DvD drive is: HL-DT-ST DvD-Ram GH10L SCSI

Please someone help, as I really want to play this game on my desktop!!!

Also, I did find a forum on here that had the "proper" video plugin settings for MGS, and those did not solve the problem either!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what does the logger mention when you attempt to start the game up, are there any errors? btw what is your current plugin setup, can you post screen shots of how you have them all configured?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does the logger mention when you attempt to start the game up, are there any errors? btw what is your current plugin setup, can you post screen shots of how you have them all configured?
there are no error messages at all, none, the bios will run properly, which tells me it has to do with my dvd drive, i know the drive itself works though, as for screenshots, will be kinda hard to do right now, im at the public library right now, (only place i can get internet), which is about 45 min from my house

I have spent HOURS trying out every possible configuration i can think of though, if that helps at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
*UPDATE* I rather than running from the ISO copy I made, I decided to just burn that ISO to a blank, CD, and try running from that CD, Now, when I select "Run CD-ROM", the screen still stays black with no error messages, but the light on my DVD drive flashes as if it is trying to read the disk, whereas it would not do that with the original disk, Not the results I wanted, but still some progress!

As you've been told, make an image of the disc. Then, use Run ISO.
Also, does the CDR plugin point to the correct drive letter?
And, as I said, using "Run ISO" still gave me the same results as running straight from the disk, and yes, I made sure the CDR Plugin was pointed to the proper drive letter.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
so your computer does recognize and confirm that there is something in the drive when you put the game disc in it though, right? im not just referring to the light i mean if you click on "my computer" icon or whatever, does it show that the drive has a disc inside it? what CDR plugin are you using?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so your computer does recognize and confirm that there is something in the drive when you put the game disc in it though, right? im not just referring to the light i mean if you click on "my computer" icon or whatever, does it show that the drive has a disc inside it? what CDR plugin are you using?
Yes, it does recognize that there is a disk in the drive (my computer confirmation), and i have DL all the CDR plugins on this site, and tried the two that come with EPSXE, but with no better results

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you have DEP enabled? turn it off if you do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.