Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if someone who understands the backbone of how the video plugins for pcsx2 work could clue me in on some stuff. I'm thinking back to when the ps1 emulators were released which showcased the plugins independantly from the emulator, (think epsxe.) Basically - the advent of using openGL to emulate the games made ps1 games look a lot better than on the original ps1. Is something like that being planned for pcsx2? I'm just wondering becuase I have a friend who worked a little with pete (from pete's epsxe plugins) on some graphics issues and.. I figured he may be interested in helping out with this too. Let me know!

-LT

· Registered
1,331 Posts
3d games already run using hardware acceleration so its possible that they can be fully antialiased by your card and displayed in like 1600x1200 (in gsdx).

Personally I would love 1:1 reproduction of the graphics more then fancy hires stuff but given the difficulty of emulating the PS2, thats not gonna happen for 10 years or so.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
GStaris and GSMax both used OpenGL

we will probably see a comeback of GSMax, but GStaris is dead.

both current releases are obsolete

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Who develop GSMax anyway?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.