Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using an Core2Duo E8400 3.00 Ghz processor, I get 45-70 frame rate and 30-50 during movies for FF12, which was par with my core2 2.00 ghz, also the words aren't keeping up with the text so I have to wait. Is my crappy radeon 2400 causing this?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Maybe. Are you using the latest Catalyst drivers? Some members have posted that the ATI driver issue in PCSX2 was fixed.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
the driver wasn't just the problem, it was in gsdx itself as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After some help from Zedeck on here, and overclocking my processor. The game runs at full speed for me with 1 speed hack, but i have slight graphical issues in FMVs.

But i think my gfx card is significantly better than what you are running.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
It's not the memory of the graphics card that's the problem. It's the GPU chip itself. The Radeon HD2400 is pretty weak. If your Radeon HD2400 had 2GB of memory, it wouldn't perform any faster, at all. Don't make your decision based on a graphics card's memory. Base it off the GPU itself. That's what makes your performance better. Memory amount only matters if you have too little. In fact, memory speed is more important for a GPU (for the main system RAM, it's often the opposite, where more amounts is generally better than more speed).

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
give us a budget to work with :p

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
HIS cards are hit and miss...

Pros: Great graphics performance for the money, fairly low cost, can run most games out there.Cons: The fan. It is terrible. I could hear the bearing start to go after about four months, and here I am six months into owning the card and the fan has stopped altogether.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Sapphire is also hit and miss but generally pretty good.
Actually, its an under-rated brand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.