Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ngemu!
I am here today to seek help.
You see, whenever I use nullDC to play my favorite Dreamcast game Sonic Adventure 2 I encounter a severe problem. Everything works fine except for the fact that there is a GIANT BROWN WALL Constantly in the way. Let me show you in these screens.

I am wondering if there is a fix for this or if I must wait until I get a new PC.

I Have:

GFX - Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
Memory: 128.0 MB
RAM - 504 MB
CPU - Intel Celeron M

I hope I have provided enough information to solve this. :thumb:

I thank you in advance for you help, and I will be more than willing to help others in the future! ;)

Thank You! :D

· Registered
102 Posts
normally stuff like that is to do with your graphics card..

is yours onboard?

have you updated your drivers latly?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I believe my graphics card is onboard. I have not updated the drivers lately, because the last time I did it created a BSOD crash on the start of WoW. Thank you for help, but I really need a solution to this problem.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
get a decent computer

^solution.

· Registered
20 Posts
nulldc graphics problems...

the only pvr plugin that will run or recognize is the chanka one....
my specs are:
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX(intergrated gpu)
AMD AnthlonXP 2800
NVIDIA nforce audio card
512 mb of ram...
so idk...i dont have an image of it, but if i had do describe it it would be: the general graphics are messed up, color and bg are all off colored, they have misc. text all over, and it makes for a terrible gaming experience....i have the nullpvr and drkpvr plugins, but nulldc will not recognize them...any suggestions?

· Registered
102 Posts
the only pvr plugin that will run or recognize is the chanka one....
my specs are:
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX(intergrated gpu)
AMD AnthlonXP 2800
NVIDIA nforce audio card
512 mb of ram...
so idk...i dont have an image of it, but if i had do describe it it would be: the general graphics are messed up, color and bg are all off colored, they have misc. text all over, and it makes for a terrible gaming experience....i have the nullpvr and drkpvr plugins, but nulldc will not recognize them...any suggestions?
and you run NullDC on that? o_O sorry to say your system is severly underpowered for NullDC, esp if your nvidia card which i think it is, is AGP?

look at my specs below, personally i consider my system bog standard or just plain basic for the emulator.

· Registered
20 Posts
well i mean i can run alot of different stuff on this comp....like fable, wow, other online games....with little to no lagging so i dont understand why a dreamcast emulator wouldnt work.....you see what im saying, i mean im not a big techie, but im pretty sure maybe my graphic problem lies in nulldc....i mean it will not recognize the pvr plugins...it only recognizes the chanka pvr....

· Registered
102 Posts
A GeForce 9600 is really, REALLY, not basic.
i meant the "whole" system ya sausage lol if it wernt for the 9600 id have to sell ALOT of my modern games >.<

well i mean i can run alot of different stuff on this comp....like fable, wow, other online games....with little to no lagging so i dont understand why a dreamcast emulator wouldnt work.....you see what im saying, i mean im not a big techie, but im pretty sure maybe my graphic problem lies in nulldc....i mean it will not recognize the pvr plugins...it only recognizes the chanka pvr....
dont forget your emulating an entire alien system so you have to do ALL the internal work like emulating its foreign machine code etc, for instance..

i can run NullDC on my system ok, 90% of games that are playable at about 90-95% speed, with exceptions like DOA-LE which for me is unplayable.

yet the sega saturn emulator SSF {the best for me}, you'd think would be easier to do and run on my system yes? but no.. its got alot more stuff to emulate inside.. so that im lucky if i can get 70-80% speed on ANYthing >.<

· Banned
35,081 Posts

· クロスエクス
4,890 Posts
@johnnie_squier: Do not mistake emulation with computer games. You can "play" computer
games even with 15 FPS. But for proper emulation, you need stable 60/50 FPS; which your
computer may not be able to do.

Be sure to have proper drivers and latest runtimes. It's odd that the plugin ain't selectable
for you.

@jr2nd: I agree with crazy.neo there. That card is not even a minimum requirement.
Emulation depends little on the GPU, and more on the CPU and the rest. Which is why
you're getting such performance. >_<

But yes, that GPU is what has saved your computer's gaming life. XD
(or just delayed its demise) But again, that's for PC games... not emulation.

@Squall-Leonhart: Agreed.

#EDIT:

Nevermind, just checked the other two threads of the same poster on the same issue. =_="
Problems loading nullPVR | GFX Problems

· Registered
102 Posts
@johnnie_squier:
@jr2nd: I agree with crazy.neo there. That card is not even a minimum requirement.
Emulation depends little on the GPU, and more on the CPU and the rest. Which is why
you're getting such performance. >_<
sadly i know this lol.. soon as cash is available im gonna get a super dualcore board +super processor + super ram

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.