Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had windows ME everything ran fine, now that I have Win2k I see these little black lines everywhere, I have a shitty ATI RAGE LT PRO but even so, the emu ran perfectly with Win ME.

Anyone know why I get this? I already updated drivers but the only difference I've seen is that it shows less lines with the newer driver.

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
See those anoying lines, the gam runs perfectly except for those god damn lines!!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Can you change the texel alignement in your drivers control panel.
If you can then try to play with it and I think it should take care of this black line.
Hope I helped you.
Bye.;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
One more thing try to put filtering to standard without sprites as you must be using pete's plugin.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well I don't have an ATI card so I can't explain it to you as I don't know what the ATI control panel looks like.
I told you to change the texel alignment because I had this problem and on my GeForce 2 I just had to change the texel alignment to get ride of these black lines.
But I've also been told that ATI's win2k drivers are the buggiest drivers in the world so if I were you I would go back to winME since it worked fine and that winME performs a bit better when it's about gaming.
Bye.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Why?

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because Win98/Me takes way too much ram, it opens up a DLL and takes 40mb of ram, when i close it, only returns 5mb of ram, in Win2k it takes less ram and returns more, I can't use my PC without Win2k anymore, I have too much programs running and everything just crashes with WinME, with Win2k I don't have these ram problems.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Did you try to disable filtering in pete's plugin?Because it should have corrected the problem.

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, I switched to another plugin which wasnt working either, I disabled it in that Driver and now it works fine :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by RealityX
Because Win98/Me takes way too much ram, it opens up a DLL and takes 40mb of ram, when i close it, only returns 5mb of ram, in Win2k it takes less ram and returns more, I can't use my PC without Win2k anymore, I have too much programs running and everything just crashes with WinME, with Win2k I don't have these ram problems.
Hey dude

Win2k is the best OS
ok
But it takes at least 90mb of ram!!

I know it s not the subject
but iwas surprised of that post

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm not talking about how much ram you need as a requirement to run Win2k (It is 50mb or so), I am talking about the way it HANDLES ram, Its only logical that after I close a program it should RETURN atleast 90% of the ram it took, Win2k does that, WinME just takes ram, and when the program is closed it returns practically nothing!! Thus, my PC ran shitty and slow. Now it is better.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well I'm a god and I can find a answer to any problem someone's facing:D
(Joking)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh

Win2k is the best OS
ok
But it takes at least 90mb of ram!!
True with both points but It definately handles that memory much better. For some bizzare reason Win Me with its lower memory requirement chugged along on the old pc but with Win 2k not a hassle.

As I said Bizzare?!?!?
:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts