Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i really play Wow alot now.. And i got a geforce 2 atm.. i hardly get 20fps...
I got a 1.7ghz 768SDram 4x AGP
And since im not getting a new pc.. i think im going for a graphic update.. Im mainly looking for a card around 100 euro or less..

Im thinking of buying geforce fx 5500 or the fx5600..

i mentioned 5500 to cos for some reason i dont see the 5600 in stores here..

Im just wondering.. will it help ? Or is my pc just beyond hope ? Im really hoping to get more fps than 2 in raids.. or only 10 when i walk true crowded ogrimmar

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hmmm I'd really reccomend getting a Geforce 5700 LE or something instead of a 5500 or 5600 due to the better vertex pipeline and improved fragment pipeline. Or you should also consider the Ati 9600. I believe theres also no Geforce 6200's selling cheap from companies like leadtek which are in fact very decent cards,.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
if u can i would suggest a 9800pro u can get them for like 150 at www.newegg.com or if u perfer nvidia then a 6600GT, they should be around the same price.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have a 6600gt and it works wonders on this game, although what you really need is nice ram, after putting in that other gig of ram, Ironforge no longer rapes my computer :)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Dont go for the 5700LE, its core/ram speeds are lower then 5500.....

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
i just checked and the cheapest 9800pro i saw was 146, the cheapest 6600Gt i saw was 160 but this was at www.newegg.com .

though i was saying go with what he perfer/Wants, not what every one esle wants want him to get cuz that be what they want and not what he want.

Them 2 is the best 2 budget cards around the 140-160 range he can get thats why i suggest get either of the 2.

Also watch out for 64bit mem buses 5700LEs, stay away from 64bit memory bus cards, and i wouldnt suggest u get a 5200, nor a 5500, since the 5500 is just a oced 5200.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Totally stay away from low end video card's if you want to play real games. The 5200 is a total piece of garbage. Get at least a 9800 Pro or even better the 6600GT like others have said.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
omg.. have to safe a bit longer than :(
I was just hoping for a graphic card that i can use for a while... I dont have to play it on high setting.. just medium setting and a fps around the 30 would be good enough...

i really feel its such a waste of video card like 9800pro in my crappy pc :/
Do note i got a geforce 2 now :p So i my standards for graphic card is proly quite low..

il have to give this a bit more thinking >< thanks for replies.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
your computer is better then what some people have, dont feel sad over it ;) .

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
ka0s said:
Core and ram speeds are not the most important factors in pc hardware.
Go for the FX 5700, not LE, just and advice.....

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Im betting his got burnt...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
The 6600 is a good value. Probably about the same speed or a bit faster than the 9600XT (aside from mem bandwidth) and quite a bit cheaper.. a 256MB card can be had for $135 on Newegg. :)

D.D. - why not? The 9800 Pro is still a great card, and I'm not just saying that because I have one.. I know you have one, and are you dissapointed? It'll run anything you throw at it with ease (as long as you aren't kicking up the AA/AF in extreme resolutions, etc.. ;)), and it's one hell of a lot better than anything else mentioned in this thread.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts