Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm abit confused on this game...

I've tried 0.9.4(doesn't work)

It works with the latest betas of course.

The issue is, despite the "Playable" status it gives, I'm running into many game breaking issues.

The game runs flawlessly until you leave the Village. Once I do, the fist cutscene plays, no issues, all is golden, once the second cutscene ends though, it'll freeze, regardless of CPU or GPU / Speed Hack options, it always does. I can skip the cutscene and it'll work, but VERY slowly 20-30-40FPS at this scene. After this scene, we'll crash if you've played it, and it's O.K again. Sure, even the first enemy fight has my FPS dipping(DX9 or DX10 mode, 1.7, all the way to 1.11 tried)

The problem is after that fight, once I walk away from the initial crash area, it turns black, i can still move my characters, access the menu, but it's entirely black and I can't see anything. I've tried using different interlacing modes, but nothing helps.

I'm rather confused. I'm sure the speed is either an emulation issue or just my computers to weak for it(To be honest, I know clearly that it IS being emulated and alot of stress, but games that look alot better than this run much better on PCSX2, so I'll assume it's emulation related.

I searched abit and only found topics about control and shadow issues, on top of some just not getting it started, but nothing on my particular issue.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't know what to say, the game play really well, finished already, the lowest fps that a get (not counting movies) was in fight in a air temple a boss that was cristals that transformed in different forms 30fps, others places is always 45-60 no slowdowns, the problem in the movies is normal happened to me, not all movies get low fps but some will make you wanna kill the actrice that made the voice of Alfina.

"The problem is after that fight, once I walk away from the initial crash area, it turns black, i can still move my characters, access the menu, but it's entirely black and I can't see anything. I've tried using different interlacing modes, but nothing helps."
Didn't happen to me, not seeing what is your problem and you didn't post option of GSdx and cpu, if i am not mistaken a played with 0.9.4 with GSdx 1.8 or 1.9 Dx9

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geeze, with that system you got perfect FPS? I now feel depressed.

It wasn't a movie, FMV's run full speed, the problem was after the initial two scenes, when you're taken into REAL time, and you're flying, it goes to about 37FPS. How it is for you?

I posted both my CPU and GSdx settings. Texture filtering is on by default, and in DX10 mode, Log Z is not an option, nor are the others. Wait V-Sync is not on. Resolution is fine(Does not affect speed)

The game is listed as playable with 0.9.5, usually that means it's not playable in 0.9.4

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
I played the game a long time ago (didn't finish yet) with 60fps everywhere and I never got less than 40 fps in heaviest parts (excluding the cut scenes). I just use Dx9, native resolution (I've tried now higher resolution and it works well), ZeroSpu2 0.45 and the default setting for all of them. No speed hacks at all. With speed hacks no problem also :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
"The problem is after that fight, once I walk away from the initial crash area, it turns black, i can still move my characters, access the menu, but it's entirely black and I can't see anything."

I don't suppose you have the DaZ hack enabled?
If so, turn it off. The game runs very fast without any hack.
The problem is gsdx here, which requires a very fast gpu in some scenes.
Lower the render target in gsdx or go with frameskipping.

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frame Skipping in the latest releases is very buggy for me, it either doesn't work, or makes the screen flip the eff out. It's not like this in official builds. I assume it's due to the new Frame Skip method being used.

DaZ is enabled, I shall disable it and see. A 8800 GT is not enough? Well, damn. 1400 x 900 is pretty low, not sure much lower would even be worth it(Visual Quality wise)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
1400 x 900 will slow your card a lot already. I'm sorry to say that :p
Try getting used to 1024*1024, its a bit less stress and looks great as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
But then, if a game goes around (and hardly reaches) the 60fps, a high resolution can suppose a real lost of fps?

For exemple, I'm playing actually Persona 3 FES, I've got some slow downs at certains areas and i get 40-45 fps, with a high res am I loosing performance? Could i get 45-50 (for exemple) at those areas with native res?

I'm curious about this matter ;)
(note: 9800GT)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
For exemple, I'm playing actually Persona 3 FES, I've got some slow downs at certains areas and i get 40-45 fps, with a high res am I loosing performance? Could i get 45-50 (for exemple) at those areas with native res?
(note: 9800GT)
No, since in this game your CPU limits the speed you can get.
Your gpu might take even more stress before getting slower.
So if you lower the stress on your gpu, the game still will run at 45fps..

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Crashing on cutscenes doesnt happen to me unless it gets out of sync somehow, I had to use 1024x512 as internal resolution for speed and weird char model issues but despite all that it runs great usally 50-60fps, cutscenes as low as 30fps thou but my cpu/gpu are low for it.

Never got a "black everything" thing. I dont use VU/Frame skip maybe related to it?

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
With DaZ hack disabled, I loose 10-15FPS clearly. VU / Frame Skip not enabled. Hacks set to Compat or Speed or "none" do not fix anything. I even used 1024 x 1024 resolution, doesn't fix. No matter what I use, 1920 x 1200 or 1024 x 1024, the speed is the same.

Specs are as listed in sig. I can't understand it.

With DaZ disabled, the % counter up top goes from an average of 25-33% to 99% almost all the time.(and during parts where the FPS drops, it drops too!? Shouldn't it remain the same or max out?)

After enabling Flush to Zero on top of DaZ, I got a boost to 51 FPS, but ingame fights are now lower FPS than they where...very strange. I'm totally confused on this game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts