Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the second cutscene at the start of the game my where miranda starts walking in the forest my fps drops to 13, and when she starts talking to the old lady it drops to 7, is there anyway to improve this? Also I know my gcard isnt that great but it should be doing better than this.

Windows Vista 64 bit
AMD Phenom™ 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
7gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 3450

I tried using vu skip and the other but it seemed to take out parts of the cutscene where it isnt even possible to know what is going on. I tried some of the speed hacks but is there certain ones I should turn on and some I shouldn't?

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Firstly 2.2 ghz isn't that fast secondly you have an ATI card which may not give you good performance with pcsx2.
Use speed hacks and frame skip
Also enable the NATIVE option in GSdx config.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So basically 8.8ghz isn't fast enough to run it? I've tried running it in Native as well and speed hacks speed it up a little, but frame skip causes the cutscenes to blow up and they cannot be viewed that is the only problem I'm having. The gameplay is fine.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
So basically 8.8ghz isn't fast enough to run it? I've tried running it in Native as well and speed hacks speed it up a little, but frame skip causes the cutscenes to blow up and they cannot be viewed that is the only problem I'm having. The gameplay is fine.
wrong, I dunno why the ppl keep saying that the total speed of X CPU is the currentXnumber of cores.

Your CPU ONLY runs at 2.2GHz and 4 cores SHARE the workload of the aplications, saying it runs at 8.8GHz is totally wrong.

also, PCSX2 ONLY USES 2 cores, so havig a quad doesn't bring anymore performance over dual-cores counterparts.

oc that CPU of yours should bring more performance, almost any dual-core cpu (preferably core2Duo) at 3.0GHz will bring very playable framrates on many games.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.