Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
***** not again!!!, they should install better security if they want to continue selling games.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hellmasterx said:
***** not again!!!, they should install better security if they want to continue selling games.
better security? I think one of S. Andreas team mate released it (or any other rockstar member :p), it's almost all the time like this :evil:

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
lol, not amount of security will protect from pirates. Besides like the halo, doom3 leaks it all happens when the games get sent to local areas, because then it is way more untracable. What they should do is send slightly modified games to every area so they can track which area is pirating them game.
-
In the days of old there was pirates on the sea.
Now the pirates surf the net of freedom.
The ship is thier browser.
And the burner their tool.
Coporations they plunder.
And the world they make fools.

·
Registered
822 Posts
You know Gamespot made a good .irony out of since this game is about the idea of "stealing" but you know it is still pretty bad that it happened. (I do not like playing GTA personally I just think it is ironic hehe)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
All of this is gonna leed to something really bad.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Who here remembers the old bbs and apple II days. How many pirate groups were competing against each other for recognition. It's all about who's got the goods first. Well those days past into these days, you would think by now there would be a logical way to track the games. Say maybe a serial number for each region and area the games are shiped to.

·
The Vodka Theme
747 Posts
man, you all say that piracy is bad but actually you dont understand that some people cant buy that game (like me) and it cost twice if not more where i live.

i agree its wrong but do we have a choice?
i download. i admit it.

Ho, and there is no way to make good defences that groups cant hack.

·
Registered
496 Posts
ArchIBaLD said:
man, you all say that piracy is bad but actually you dont understand that some people cant buy that game (like me) and it cost twice if not more where i live.

i download. i admit it.

Wow, you just broke about every rule this place has. :nono:

Anyway, piracy sucks. People, who download the pirated games, also suck. And their excuses are usually "I can't afford to buy it, so I should just download it", which is usually because they're young, don't have a job, and their mommy and daddy won't buy them these violent games. Either get a job, or wait for it to go into the best sellers section, which before too long will be at around $20. You guys are making it harder for the people who do have jobs, and are willing to pay full price for these games, oh, and, YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON GAMES HAVE CDKEYS THESE DAYS. Damn things are annoying to put in every time you install a game. Espically when the games you like have 3 expansion packs, and they ALL have cdkeys. *sigh*. I hate idiots who steal games.

P.S. With the exception to what I first said, I'm not trying to flame anyone in perticular (though there's a couple of you who I really won't respect :p).

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
ArchIBaLD said:

i download. i admit it.

theres always freeware games that you dont have to pay. ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Modem1 said:
Wow, you just broke about every rule this place has. :nono:

Anyway, piracy sucks. People, who download the pirated games, also suck. And their excuses are usually "I can't afford to buy it, so I should just download it", which is usually because they're young, don't have a job, and their mommy and daddy won't buy them these violent games. Either get a job, or wait for it to go into the best sellers section, which before too long will be at around $20. You guys are making it harder for the people who do have jobs, and are willing to pay full price for these games, oh, and, YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON GAMES HAVE CDKEYS THESE DAYS. Damn things are annoying to put in every time you install a game. Espically when the games you like have 3 expansion packs, and they ALL have cdkeys. *sigh*. I hate idiots who steal games.

P.S. With the exception to what I first said, I'm not trying to flame anyone in perticular (though there's a couple of you who I really won't respect :p).
I agree modem but we all know that as long as there is the internet there will always be people who steal,crack and do whatever just for that he might think that he has done something good ;)

The problem is diffrent people think diffrent things :idea:

And yeah this would have happened sooner or later

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I think the problem though is price. Most of these games are way to costly. Like if they cost 10-15 do you honestly think people would risk pirating them? I think not. Some do it just for fun... I understand that but honestly it's just hurting people.

I agree though that they should really have a much better tracking system. Honestly who thought up this system that allows almost anyone pirate a game. Build protocols into the game to identifiy it if its been stolen so that they know the country, region maybe even store it was pirated from.

BTW: Most crack are legal because they allow legitamitely bought games to be played without a cd. Which is a very nice feature especially if you have a laptop.

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Player-X said:
The first pre release pirate launch of a game AFAIK is of Command And Conquer:Red Alert2: Your's Revenge
...the first one I remember was in '88, when some guy stole a Pacmania diskette from a Computer Show, and promptly pirated it. :evil:

...however, it turned out that it was not a "finished product" (terms such as "final release", "sales version" and "100% working" weren't widely adopted yet), and eventually the game did sell as expected...

I'm certain that instances like that go back even further, but this was the first one that caused quite a stir...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
I think the problem though is price. Most of these games are way to costly. Like if they cost 10-15 do you honestly think people would risk pirating them? I think not. Some do it just for fun... I understand that but honestly it's just hurting people.
The reason that game prices are $10-$15 higher than they could be is *because* of game pirates. Of course, it sometimes is the other way to (with all of the "budget" games and such). Game prices are LOWER than they used to be. As soon as the mid 90's, games (like for the N64) were being sold for $60+. Nowadays, since CD's and miniDVD's have become so popular, there's no need to keep game prices so high. People that steal these games are just idiots who are too dumb to buy the game legally. They can obviously afford to buy the games, because they SOMEHOW need to pay for the equipement that is needed in burning these games and cracking code, whether it be computer, or something else that's needed to rip the game from a cart. I'm just glad that laws are getting better in that there are now very stiff penalities for doing that stuff.
- Modem

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
what a bunch of stupid panzy's. If your going to pirate something, at least wait til after its released so you don't mess it up for the people who will actually wait until its release to obtain it in one way or another. All they are doing is making gaming companies even more aware of the problem and it will cause more problems. But it's also the gaming companies fault for not being as secure as they should be.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Thank about this for awhile guys:

When a brand new game that is the most wanted game is giong to come out, many people dont care how they get it. They just want to play the game, most of them (like people I know) will dowload the game becasue they can, they have already been waiting for months. Most of them will go buy the game after its released, but they orrigional download it beacsue you can play it earlier.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts