Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
for gt use bleem 1.5b coz its faster than epsxe specially when you got a slow 3d acc. and cpu :emb:
bleem also has a bug in gt no brake lights and you can't apply BF
to bleem it will show you some lines :( but not that much the sound is ok the speed is ok
in epsxe its almost perfect but it needs a high end pc
for gt2 use epsxe coz bleem 1.5b is incompatible w/ this game

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GT2 doesn't work with epsxe. I tried it and it hangs during the copyright screens. What configurations and plug-ins do you use for GT2? What version is epsxe?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
GT2 works with ePSXe,you MUST check the "Disable cdrom status" option in the cdrom configuration,also you can try to press F4 at the copyright screen.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Then try to enable the "Accurate cdrom timing" option and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
first of all, the fix is in the ePSXe FAQ.
next time please read it before asking, it'll save others and YOU time.

Also please note VGS works for both games (do I hear "boooo"? :p) But hey if you're doing TV out anyways...

And bleem! has the brake light problem for GT1 in D3D only; works fine when 3D acceleration is off (there it is again, "boooo" :p)

also bleem! 1.4a works with GT2 except with one unlivable bug: all the cars have no texture, look like a bunch of big green (or other color) things.

and finally the guys at Cyberpad plays GT1 (pal) with PSEmu Pro. But I can't get my "ntsc u/c" to work, anyone?

·
Registered
310 Posts
aesthetic suggestion: turn on FSAA if your system can support it or filtering w/o sprites for better graphics!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by aoshi
aesthetic suggestion: turn on FSAA if your system can support it or filtering w/o sprites for better graphics!!!
True,the game really looks better with it(in fact all games look better with it).

·
Registered
275 Posts
I also cant get Gran Turismo to work correctly. I can get the game working until you enter the actual racing part (I usually just goto test run to see if its working), when instead of the camera looping around the car, it will simply restart to the opening MDEC. It seems to me the problem is with the cdrom plugin, I've used Barret and TSG, and going to try Petes CDR soon. I'm not that concerned with the graphics, since I only have a 450mhz K6-3 with 64mb ram and an 8mb ATI Rage Pro, so I am forced to use Petes D3D plugin to get any kind of speed. Are there any fixes I can use to get the game to work?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gran Turismo 1 or 2? Did you check the "Disable real time cdrom status"? And for 2, did you check "Enable accurate cdrom timing"? I got GT2 working that way cause Raziel told me :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
That's my job:D (well actually I'm not paid but it doesn't matter)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've read this whole topic and what you guys did, and enabling the cd timing thing is the only thing thats getting me into the main screen. If I dont have it enabled, then I cant get past the opening MDEC. I've done some more testing, (btw, this is all Gran Turismo 1) and gran turismo has only worked with ePSXe, bleem! and PSEmu Pro. ePSXe gets all the menus and resets to the opening MDEC once I try to enter any kind of race. PSEmu Pro runs perfectly besides one main problem: the racetrack seems to disappear every once and awhile, making all the race tracks unplayable. The bleem! demo worked perfectly, but since theres no saving, theres no point in using it.
My main quarrel is with why ePSXe isnt running it fully. I've tested different GPUs, same outcome. I've tested different CD plugins, same outcome. I even make an ISO and tried running it with no CD plugin, still didnt work. My Sound is always disabled because it messes up my gamepad.. so the only two things left to blame this problem on is either the BIOS (doubt it, using 1001) or ePSXe and its configuration. Aside from the cdrom timing thing, what else should you enable/disable to get Gran Turismo 1 to work?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
hmm, expert464, you got GT1 working in PSEmu Pro? How'd you do that? I always get stuck at the Notice screen with this emu :(

can you tell me your specs and plugins, configs etc

btw I kiinda got GT2 to work in PSEmu Pro, but all the graphics are screwed (not really playable)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Usually I use Petes D3D driver for GPU, no sound for SPU, Barret for CDrom, and turn mdecs on and stuff. I deleted PSEmu Pro once I found out it still doesnt run GT1 well enough to be playable (the dissappearing track. example: in the max speed test, it will seem like your car is going through potholes and ramps.)

May I ask how you run GT1? ePSXe seems to mess up when I enter the race by resetting, I'm hoping AdriPSX will soon be GT1 compatible, since so far its proven to be the fastest of them out there for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts