Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to load an image of GT2 (simulation disk) because my sister is borrowing my PSone...
I couldn't get past a black screen though. I just saw my windows taskbar and imo, ePSXe locked up.

ePSXe 1.6.0
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.75 (settings on nice or fast - tried both)
Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41 (standard settings)
Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8 (standard settings)
bios: SCPH1001.BIN or scph7502.bin (I tried both)

Can anyone help me get this game running because i'm not getting my ps back anytime soon :(

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
in your opinion ePSXe locked up? it either did or it didnt :p

ok but back on subject, does it work off the CD? does anything show with ISO or CD? have you tried a different emulator like PSXeven or PCSX?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, yes it locks up lol
I haven't tried any other emulators and i'm not going to.
I'm just using ePSXe so I can reply those classics without too much "installing this, downloading that etc."
I'm relying on you guys to help me (maybe it's just a bad img)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
I'm relying on you guys to help me
uh huh.....yet:

I haven't tried any other emulators and i'm not going to.
if you're not going to do what i said to help you, i might as well close this thread because then it'd be pointless (you know, me giving help and you not listening).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your help but since I'm posting in an ePSXe section, I'm supposed to run the ePSXe emulator. What you're saying is the same as: if you can't run it on a ps, try the xbox. No offense though, you're just tying to help...

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
man, you are wrong on so many levels. i might as well just list them.

1. you arent breaking any rules if you use PSXeven when you originally posted in ePSXe discussion. i suggest PSXeven and PCSX to everyone who has a problem.
What you're saying is the same as: if you can't run it on a ps, try the xbox.
no, you're wrong. im saying use a different emulator. it's like another PSX, just programmed differently to do the same thing.
3. so basically, you just spit in my face (proverbially) and told my help to basically go feck itself, then you say "oh no offense". does that really help? if you called your girlfriend a "skanky beyotch" then said "oh wait no offense" would she not care and just say "oh ok...i was pretty offended as soon as you said skanky, but then the no offense thing just cleared it up".
4. obviously you need help, hence you posted this thread. and obviously i kind of know what im talking about, hence why i'm a moderator of this section and why im giving you advice. you are basically going to the doctor, and he tells you what's going on, and you tell him he's wrong.
5. like i said, if you dont want my help, ill close the thread and that will be that. after two years of working with PSX emulation, i think i know what im doing ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude chill man
if you really want to close this thread, go ahead, i'm not stopping you jeez
some people are so easily pissed of here, I think i'll go ask somewhere where people are friendly
btw if you called my gf a skanky whatever, that's your problem... grow up

·
Registered
183 Posts
*sigh* ehem...
Knowing if it works in another emulator can actually help you determine what the problem is, and if it can be fixed in the current version of ePSXe. If not, you should probably consider your alternatives. It isn't unusual to use more than one emulator for each kind of console, especially since each emu is made in a different way. If there is a particularly good reason you cannot use another emulator, that is fine, just say so.

P.S. I will neither support or condemn what Hushy said, but you misunderstood something in there...she was saying "What if you (i.e. Doggy) called your own g/f a skank and said no offense?:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
ok, at least i'm not crazy ,because someone understood what i said.

listen, Doggy. English may or may not be your first language, i dont care, but it is quite difficult getting through to you.

i gave you help. you rejected it. i explained what i said, and you didn't understand that.

i believe i was quite polite in this post when i offered you help. i still do not understand why you are unwilling to take my advice.

without you wanting to change emulators, i can only suggest that you update your drivers, try using a software plugin (as they are more compatible), or just give up.

oh by the way, you never even answered my (non changing emulator related) question that i nicely posed in the first post:
ok but back on subject, does it work off the CD? does anything show with ISO or CD?
you know, i find it very interesting the people that i talk to on emuforums. i give everyone the same advice; i treat everyone the same. i do not discriminate. i attempt to help those that are proficient at technology and proficient at english, as well as those who struggle with either or both. i make no attempt to be offensive when someone asks for help. but the reactions i get just...fascinate me. some people are responsive, cooperative, and best of all, thankful. some people just spit in my face and have a lack of respect. it has a slightly annoying twinge to it, but it's also quite interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts