Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have installed ePSXe 1.6.0. and tried to run Gran Turismo 2. It worked correctly, only it doesn't regognize the analoge sticks on my gamepad.

I have a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power and configured it with digital/analoge settings, but it only uses digital. Can anyone tell me how i can configure it better that I can use both analoge sticks too??

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
So you configured the analog sticks in the ePSXe controller config but it doesn't work in game? Make sure the controller is set to analog by looking for the big "A" on the right side of the FPS display. If you don't see that, press F5. Also, check the in game settings to see if the controller is configured for digital mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this problem too, with a wheel... the emulator recognises it and I can configure steering axis, throttle and brake etc. But Gran Turismo doesn't see any analog controller at all it seems. I can't even enter the menu for the wheel.

It's not about switching between digital/analog in the emulator, I have that set correctly and have tried switching as well.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
have you tried switching it to analog in the game itself? do your analog sticks work in other games in the emulator?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
PMental said:
It's not about switching between digital/analog in the emulator, I have that set correctly and have tried switching as well.
hushy....
Instead of waiting of your reply, try updating your GPU to Pete's D3D/OGL 1.75 plugins and pressing F5 while in the game.
Just in case you already have updated your plugins, check your drivers for the Thrustmaster and update them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I'll give it a try.

I can't really understand what the GPU has to do with the controllers though?

Btw, I have a Saitek steering wheel, with the latest drivers. I don't really have any other games to play using my wheel either... well, GT1 I guess, if I can find it, haven't played it in a while.

Edit: Umm, *upgrade*?? Pete's OGL 1.75 is ancient, I have Pete's OGL2 2.6 GPU which is from July last year, as opposed to 1.75 which is from 2003. Seems a bit backwards?

Edit2: Aha! Messing with F5 *did* do something I didn't notice at first... now I can select Analog stick for left/right and throttle/gas... the problem still persists though, since the steering has a deadzone of almost half the wheels range, making me drive like a drunk no matter how I try. And I still can't enter the Analog Settings menu, which is where such things are set up I believe... any more ideas?? I don't have any force feedback either btw, but getting the steering to work is prio #1.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Pete's OpenGL plugin is different than his OpenGL2 plugin. they are completely different, in fact, other than the fact that they both use OpenGL. version 1.75 is the newest version of the OpenGL plugin.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
You could try PSXeven emulator with Harakiri's pad plugin, it lets you configure the dead zone, hopefully that might solve your steering problems. Also, PSXeven works better regarding rumble than ePSXe, and Harakiri is known to give great results. Anyway, keep in mind it's a bit tricky to have rumble working on PSX emulation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts