Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey nikk so hows the work on your gup? any good? oh yeah you gonna make dx8 support? and heh deffintly need a speed regulator in there!! onther than that gl, i hope you can surpass the aging pete plugins.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
dx8 support? I think you are a bit confused. His gpu uses OpenGL library, not D3D. I never tried his gpu. I have a voodoo2, and opengl is not very well supported(it's very sloooooowww). Is it really good? Is it worth a try(even in my pc)?

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
that´s like s/he said if nikk can do another gpu whit support for d3d in dx8, or correct me if I´m wrong, because that isn´t a bad idea, he just could do it because there are no many people whit opengl cards (like me :) )

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I see. Yeah, maybe it's a good idea(my video card also has a bad opengl performance). I just don't know if nikk will have time to work on both projects.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
yeah, maybe he is so ocupied for make that two projects, but hey, if he have the time, why not? I think he could do a great job, thasn´t he?

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
That's right. He showed a lot of potential with his nextGL plugin. I'm sure a new project would be awesome

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
And as far as a DX8 plugin goes... I DID start work on that before I decided to only work on NextGL, but maybe in the future ... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
:(

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
Well just as a reminder, be thankful for what you have been given.

NickK gets nothing out of this other than experience with OGL. However I think you should also consider that DirectX8 requires new tools etc. from MickeySoft. Coding is not anywhere near as easy or as fun as you might think, it's just something some people like doing. To that extent DX8 is a completely different horsie and there are other plugins that might support it.

I won't start a GL vs DirectX debate.

Anyhow Thanks NickK for the work you've done.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
help

Hey nikk if you need any help with something just post it, there are many other people here that im sure can help you solve a lil prob or something, i have programing exp too. so im here to help if you need it

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Well, thanks for the help, but the only really difficult thing about making this plugin is figuring out how the PSX's GPU works properly :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts