Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any GPU plugins out there that can display 2D Capcom games correctly? All the games that I have use a resolution of 384x240 (save Darkstalkers 3 which uses 360x240, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 which doesn't work at all), yet they all are displayed as 368x240, which crops the image. Darkstalkers 3 is displayed as 362x240, which adds garbage. Taking a VRAM dump with Pete's software plugin gives a correct image, but every plugin I've tried simply will not display the games correctly while playing them. Is there one out there that does?

<font size=1>Games Tested:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (SLUS-00821)
Street Fighter Collection--SSF2/SSF2T (SLUS-00423)
Street Fighter Collection 2--SF2/SF2CE/SF2T (SLUS-00746)
Marvel Super Heroes (SLUS-00257)
Vampire: The Night Warriors (SLPS-00036)
Darkstalkers 3 (SLUS-00745)
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (SLUS-00793)
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (SLUS-00627)
Pocket Fighter (SLPS-01360)
Marvel Vs. Capcom (SLUS-01059)</font>

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
you'll have to make a better config then you'll have better results for it ! But i have a insider info for you ! if you like those 2D fighting games use mugen (350 fighteres).

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
As far as I know, every single emulator out there (I haven't tried FPSe yet so I don't know) display Capcom games like that... the right portion slightly cropped... why? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
most of those games are CPS2 and PSX conversion of those games mostly sucked anyway why don't you try CPS2 emus(arcade perfect graphics and sound even has better FPS than the PSX version!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by aoshi
most of those games are CPS2 and PSX conversion of those games mostly sucked anyway why don't you try CPS2 emus(arcade perfect graphics and sound even has better FPS than the PSX version!)
True, but Pocket Fighter and Marvel Vs. Capcom are still encrypted, plus Street Fighter Alpha 3 has the extra characters on the Playstation version (and looks better, IMO). Not to mention that Darkstalkers 3 doesn't really have a CPS2 equivelant.

Also don't forget--what "sucks" for you might be enjoyable for others. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Palom
True, but Pocket Fighter and Marvel Vs. Capcom are still encrypted, plus Street Fighter Alpha 3 has the extra characters on the Playstation version (and looks better, IMO). Not to mention that Darkstalkers 3 doesn't really have a CPS2 equivelant.

Also don't forget--what "sucks" for you might be enjoyable for others. ;)
Umm.. Darkstalkers 3 aka Vampire Savior is emulated in the current cps2 emus.. Its a cps2 game.. check this shot of it running on winkawaks, a cps2 emulator..

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Its only a matter of time when MvC and Pocket fighters will be released.. THey will soon enough.. I like playing sfa3 with cps2 emulators better than Psx conversions.. Which is noticeably lost a bunch of frames of animation from the arcade version of the game.. ie.. Karins opening animations.. Now cps2 conversions on the sega saturn is a different story.. It has the benefit of having all those extra characters and having most, if not all of the animation frames..

Plus the current cps2 emus has some cool video blitter which makes the game look way better than running it on a psx... These shots I took use one of those cool video blitters.. Did I also mention that all the current cps2 emus allow you to play online against people using Kaillera.. Psx conversions cant do that..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This isn't supposed to be a CPS2 thread, as I am fully aware of what goes on with CPS2. I was just simply seeing if there was any GPU that can display 2D Capcom Playstation games correctly.

In regards to Kaillera, it doesn't work too swell on a 56K connection (which I have). Also, Darkstalkers 3: Jedah's Damnation was an early version of Vampire Savior USA (the name changed back to VS for official release). Darkstalkers 3 on Playstation includes Donnivan, Pyron, and Phobos, among others, and is based on the Vampire Savior 2 engine. Plus it has a cool create-a-character function.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Originally posted by Palom

In regards to Kaillera, it doesn't work too swell on a 56K connection (which I have).

I tried to use a dedicated broad band line to play the cps2 games online,but ,the result is not too good......well.i connected to those servers located at Japan, Taiwan,Usa ... which were far away from my country. ( really cant find anone from my country... :( )

I guess the play online thingy is good if we play it through LAN.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
exactly.. But these are just still frames.. Seeing the game in motion is rather disappointing compared to the arcade version.. What can you do? The psx only has 2 mb of ram.. Atleast some of the gameplay is still intact.. Kinda sucks with no switching characters though..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Argh

Yes, I can play them, too. Just notice that in the picture of Jin vs. Morrigan, 2P Morrigan's portrait is pretty much cut in half because the GPU is unnecessarily cropping the image. That's all I was really searching for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts