Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Community,

my question is: Normally in the ePSXe Version the internal fps-limiter runs (50 fps pal, 60 fps ntsc)
Thats ok, and with the F4 Button I can turn this limiter off.
BUT: The FPS-Limit Setting of the Gpu Plugin (For exapmle Petes OGL2) should now turn on, but this doesn't happen. The FPS Limit goes allway off, no matter, what I set for GPU-Plugin menue.

Why and how can I solve this problem?

Sorry for not so good English.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Click the link in my sig for ePSXe and read the compiled links.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.7.0 has internal frame limiting, which can be turned on and off via the F4 key. This will cause problems with your GPU or SPU's frame limiting, so make sure your plugins' frame limiting is OFF so you can use ePSXe's, or make sure ePSXe's is OFF if you want to use your GPU/SPU's limiter.
Sorry, I could only find this in the Troubleshooting FAQ.
But, when i make ePSXe's Limiter off (F4), the GPU Limiter doesn't go active.:(

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks.
To the first time I concern oneself with the ingame GPU-HUD and Settings.
See there: The Frame Limit Option is ever setted on null. (If this a act of the ePSXe or of the Plugin itself, I dont know)

But it works. With setting 1 and 2 the autodetect and manuell fps limit of the plugin goes on.

And another question: When I want to the desktop I use the windows shortcut Alt+Tab, the grafic crash: The Pictures runs twice on the right and the left side in my monitor and divided additionally in big crappy blocks, where are displaced (looks ugly).
Windows and ePSXe runs both with 32bit color depth. What is the cause of that?

I know, that the plugin will habe alt+enter for toogling window mode.

Last Questions is: Are there cases, where I should another Frame Limitation than ePSXe's Internal? Are in some games another fps Limit nicer or are there generally (compatibility)-differences between both Limiter?

· クロスエクス
4,890 Posts
If you want to multitask, either play in windowed mode
or stop the emulation (press ESC).

As for the Internal Limiter, it only works with ePSXe's SPU plugin.
Use another plugin and you're done.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
or press ALT+Enter to toggle between windowed and fullscreen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.