Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to try this emulator out but i don't know how to make it work i.e make it run games.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
ok follow these steps
1.download and unzip the emu on to a folder
ex:c:\downloads\xebra
2.copy and paste ur ps1 bios in the folder
3.open xebra and go to file>open>osrom image select ur bios there
4.pop in the cd and select run2 or run 3 or go to file>open>open cdrom image and select an iso of a ps1 game

there is also a help there try reading it also

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no. What i meant what i could get the bios running. But when i insert a cd and click run 1/2 it just goes to the screen where you choose to go into memcard or cd player. also run cd image doe not work

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok tried it but still doesnt work. Ok i load the bios ok. when i insert ff7 i click run 3 and it doesnot work it just goes to the mem screen. Do i have to restart the emulator after loading the bios? then insert the cd? sorry for the bother.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Just a question---why do you want to get Xebra running? I spent a ton of time trying to figure out how to get Xebra working and I just couldn't figure it out. It's not worth it when there are tons of other competent emulators out there like ePSXe, PSXeven, SSSPSX, PCSX, pSX...until Xebra becomes more user friendly or you're trying to play a game that just doesn't work on anything else, I can't see why you'd want to use it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right there are a number of good emultorts out. I have no probs with them. Its just want to try it out of curiosity. Ive tried all the rest its just want to see how xebra compares.

Xebra works without plugins like psx emulator so its just curious to see how it compares- speed and compatibility over that and other 'mainstream ones'.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
i think you should contact someone associated with xebra,s developement someone like simonet>>he always post about the release of ebra so he might know about it<<

·
work haunts me, but I'm running faster!
246 Posts
Xebra step-by-step

Launch Xebra.
1)Select File->Open->OS ROM Image... (xebra1.jpg)
2)open your bios image (xebra2.jpg)
3)Select File->Open->CD ROM via SPTI... (xebra3.jpg)
4)open any file on it (xebra4.jpg)
5)Select Run->Run2(1-pass) (xebra5.jpg)
6)After a short gap the game start (xebra6.jpg)
Steps 1) and 2) are only required for the first use.
Ciao.:dead:
P.S.: on FF7 probably you can't see any files... no problems, make an'ISO and:
3a)Select File->Open->CD ROM Image... (xebra7.jpg)
4a)open your image (xebra8.jpg)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thank you so much. Very much appreciated. :)

It works great if a little slow. Its a unique emultor, it can render all the effect like the swirls on ff7 but silent hill is wierd- maybe no mask bit emulation yet?

Another question (sorry): I can confihure the standard contoller great but is analogue supported. I cant seem to configure it. Does it have something to do with the drop down menu.

I must say this emultor is really. FF7 works great, good speed and graphics etc. It quite refreshing to have an emulator that doesn't require you to mess about with configs. I know psx 1.10 is the similar but it sacrifices graphics, xebra still looks great. Good Job Dr Hell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, if you go to View > CD-ROM Options and select your an option in the top box (selects a CD ROM drive) and hit OK, you don't have to do the "open CD ROM via SPTI" thing.... You can open BIOS and do a RUN and it'll load up from that CD drive.

PS: Um Jammer Lammy works on Xebra. Not 100% perfect, but much better than on any emulator before. :O Just felt like sharing...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Thanks SimoneT, I linked to that post in the Troubleshooting FAQ. The first info about Xebra in that thread :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Launch Xebra.
1)Select File->Open->OS ROM Image... (xebra1.jpg)
2)open your bios image (xebra2.jpg)
3)Select File->Open->CD ROM via SPTI... (xebra3.jpg)
4)open any file on it (xebra4.jpg)
5)Select Run->Run2(1-pass) (xebra5.jpg)
6)After a short gap the game start (xebra6.jpg)
Steps 1) and 2) are only required for the first use.
Ciao.:dead:
P.S.: on FF7 probably you can't see any files... no problems, make an'ISO and:
3a)Select File->Open->CD ROM Image... (xebra7.jpg)
4a)open your image (xebra8.jpg)
Where are you getting the files that you show in your images? When I unzipped my XEBRA emulator it only had these files in it, ARBEX, MCM, SIM, XEBRA, xebra.aad, and XEBRA config.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts