1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought this was kind of funny myself,

GOW3 is so brutal that some scenes "are never going on the internet"
Posted on March 20, 2009 by Nick

While the God of War franchise has traditionally been a particularly brutal series, the developers claim God of War III will push the boundaries to the limit. When showing off the game most recently, the developers over at Santa Monica's studio told viewers that "Some of these scenes are so violent, they are never going on the internet - at least, not by us. They're just not appropriate for some audiences."

Sony Santa Monica recently showed off God of War III's new 'Zipper Technology', a feature the developers had long wanted to include but never had the power to do so - until they had the PS3. The feature allows enemies' skin to slice open realistically, allowing for internal organs to spill out depending on the severity of the cut. The Official PlayStation Magazine talks explicitly about seeing Kratos gutting a centaur, with the stomach, guts, and internal intestines oozing out of the wailing beast.

Just hearing that makes me squeamish. Has God of War III gone to far? Is that even possible? God of War III is due out in the fiscal year of 2009, exclusively for the PS3.
... the scenes are going to be on youtube anyway after release.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
As long as it doesnt have hot sex scene i dont think it will be ao rating

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
It sounds like they're trying to be pushing the game on gore instead of gameplay, as I wasn't impressed with GoW/GoW2, I can't see the 3rd one being pushed as "gory" making me want to buy it...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I liked the first GoW, great game from start to finish. For some reason though, I've just never had an interest in getting GoW 2... I liked the first one but just didn't feel like playing another. And I don't have the urge to get GoW 3, either. Maybe the ending to the first GoW was just too perfect and didn't feel like it needed to be disrupted. :p I never cared much about the gore, I just liked the gameplay. Hope they aren't losing their focus.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Gow 2 was an ok game but not as good as 1

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I don't even remember there being much of a difference... Although, I suppose the story was a bit more personal in the first one.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
The difference is grotos can freeze time which is annoying

·
band
4,912 Posts
I don't really know if this was a publicity stunt though. Here in Toronto, the schoolboard(s) made Sony pull all of their bus-shelter advertisements because somehow they disagreed with the message conveyed I believe.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I don't really know if this was a publicity stunt though. Here in Toronto, the schoolboard(s) made Sony pull all of their bus-shelter advertisements because somehow they disagreed with the message conveyed I believe.
Oh, and I thought kids were just stealing Killzone 2 ads.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Yeah, the days when kids stole things from the TTC :D Of course not us good peoples !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.