Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just thinking if I buy a playstation controller or joystick, in the U.S., would it work on my playstation in Europe.

If you guy's say that it won't work please tell me why, and the reasons?

But if it does it would be a good relief for me.....

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i dont think that controllers and other types of accessories are regionally controlled. ive heard of people importing dance pads from japan without any problems.

S

·
0 Posts
speaking of dancepads etc.........are beatmania and/or dance dance revolution fun to play without the special controllers?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there won't be any problems, even with the voltages right, I mean ntsc is like 120, and pal is around 220?!

S

·
0 Posts
Bubsy, the voltages to which you refer 120 and 220 are the electrical voltages that come through the wires and into the PSX when you plug it in. Those voltages are converted by the PSX to the voltages that Bgnome mentioned to power the Dual Shock motors. If the 120 or 220 voltage went straight to the Dual Shock motors, poof!!! fried Dual Shock controller.
I have heard, also, of people buying European or Japanese controllers and plugging them right into an American PSX and vice versa. So you shouldn't have any problem w/using an American controller w/your European PSX. Hope this helps put your mind at ease.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 10 of 10 Posts